“Great Hotel Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Fort Gordon

You added Quality Inn Fort Gordon to your Saves list
Quality Inn Fort Gordon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4073 Jimmie Dyess Pkwy, Exit 194 off Belair Rd, Augusta, GA 30909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Augusta
Marion, Illinois
“Great Hotel Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel, it was clean, quiet and breakfast was just right too. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Owners were very nice. It is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to everyone. If you wanting a great place to stay while in Augusta, GA. Then this is the place. A quick note to all the pet owners who travel with pets as I do. Please learn to pick up after them! Baggies cost less than 2$. This way it will ensure there will be hotels that will continue to allow pets.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
pooler ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

When we checked in this hotel, I had my parents show up as well for a Birthday party. The front desk clerk, Jane, told them I wasnt at the hotel when infact I was. I had to come down to lobby to stop them from leaving.

After her not wanting to match out rate, which was only 3 dollars difference, they went ahead and paid more in order to stay at same hotel.
Several times they knocked oand came in our rooms while we were gone or had our DND sign on.
Then there is NO UPGRADE for DiAMOND status with choice. NO complimentary anything, we needed a razor for my husband, we were told to go pay 1.50 out of the snack machine. We had the smallest room, they woulnt even upgrade to a double for us!

No Late check out, the owner gave us 12 to check out at 11:40am. So after a 5 day stay there they ran us off with no appreciation. IF you are with Choice, I would not stay at this hotel.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Kolding, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

There is nothing fancy about this hotel – but it met all of our needs; clean & quiet rooms, a pool (however small) and friendly staff. We stayed here as a “bed to sleep in” place on our way to Atlanta, but were pleasantly surprised. Especially the complimentary breakfast is very recommendable. So if you need an affordable place to stay while being in Augusta, this is the place to be.

• Liked — The staff and the breakfast
  • Disliked — The small pool and the location
  • Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warrensburg, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

On my recent trip to Augusta I chose to stay closer to Fort Gordon,and I picked this hotel mainly because of the lower cost. It was older and relatively clean but I would not stay here again. I have been to much nicer places in Augusta for the same or better prices. . The front desk was friendly and helpful but the maids seemed like they would rather be anywhere else in the world then cleaning my room. Breakfast was what you would expect and I was just happy to have some hot coffee. Probably the worst thing about this hotel was that you enter from the outside into the rooms. It seemed like soldier party place when the weekend rolled around.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I stayed here at the beginning of May and it was one of the best experiences that i have had at a hotel. They had great customer service. The rooms were very well taken care of and very clean. I was able to sleep very well that night. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

My husband was at Ft Gordon for AIT for 22 weeks and I visited about every other weekend and always stayed at the Quality Inn because it was close to the base and I felt comfortable there. I never had a dirty room and was always greated by good customer service. The rooms were quiet and the hotel managers really good about ensuring there were no parties or other things you'll find at other hotels around the base. As a single woman traveling alone I am careful where I stay and I always felt safe at this hotel. The only complaint I can say I had was that different employees would give me different rules about extended checkout or renting the room for a half day. If I ever had to go back to Augusta or Ft Gordon this would be THE hotel I would call.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
charlotte, nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

I went down to visit my husband for the weekend. We got the military rate that was very reasonable. Being so close to the base I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasently surprised. From check in to check out was wonderful. The room was pleanty big with a small kitchen. Everything was clean, and I did ask for more towels, but because I used to work at a hotel i know the houskeepers cant give them off the cart, so I went to the desk and they were more than happy to give me more. The pool, and work out room were just the right size, and breakfast in the morning was perfect. I couldnt have asked for a better location ( Right next to gas stations, main roads and the base). I understand this hotel wasn't built last year.... but it surpassed my expectations and was very well kept. I will be returning when I go back this summer to visit again for a week.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Fort Gordon? Share your experiences!