“No Refund” 1 of 5 stars

1052 Claussen Rd
Augusta, GA 30907
706 737-5550
Room 136

Quality Inn and Suites is not honoring refund practices for an unhealthy environment.
This hotel will not give me a refund for an old urine soaked mattress and dirt flying in from the air unit.
Reason for no refund is did not switch rooms at 2 in the morning with 2 kids and 2 other adults-I would have lost something. My bed was the only one with the flying dirt and stain so I decided to let them sleep and I slept in my car. There was trash all over the grounds and broken glass and aluminum cans split open for kids to find or walk on.

I have contacted the local health dept. and the Better Business Bureau.

Room Tip: look under sheets for dirt and stains of urine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Crawford, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is an older hotel but our room had a kitchen area. We were able to have several meals in our room which saved us money. Room was nice. Carpet needed to be replaced but I just kept my shoes on. Will be staying there again in the near future. Room was quite and we were on the bottom floor. Staff was very helpful. We left a reading lamp in our room. The staff was very helpful with finding and calling back to tell us they found it. They kept it until we could return a week later.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atul S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Ms. Renee we greatly appreciate you being a repeat customer! We love to hear feedback from all of our guest. It is always a pleasure to be at your service. Hope to see you again, soon!
West Orange, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

There was used soap left in the shower and my kids found chocolate in the bedroom on the floor. The hotel is in need of updating. The elevator had an odd smell but the place has no bugs, the sheets were clean and towels smelled fresh. It isn't bad for a night or two stay especially for the price. They offer a continental breakfast in the morning which I thought was pretty good. The coffee was great.

Room Tip: No smoking rooms are the way to go.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Front desk very helpful - Clean room - Good breakfast - Comfortable bed and pillows Only one complaint The coffee pot was broke and 3rd shift desk clerk couldn't help He said we have coffee in the lobby Want that do GUESS SO if only option But all and all good for the money

Room Tip: On the 2nd floor All was good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Watkinsville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel. I was greeted at the desk by a very friendly and helpful young lady. However, the housekeeping staff was less professional. Twice I had to push aside a linen cart pushed up against the elevator door to exit the elevator. This is an older hotel near Interstate 20, and is in need of renovation. The room rate was reasonable, but my hotel room was not very clean. The drapes, carpet, and bedspreads were stained. They offer a free breakfast, but the dining area is so small that I had to take the food back to my room to find a place to eat.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second or third floor are probably preferable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My friend booked this hotel when we attended a concet in Augusta. Check in time was stated to be at 3PM. When we arrived around 4:00, there were quite a few people waiting to get to their rooms. We were to meet other friends for dinner at 6:15. After the 6 hour drive from NC we were hoping to have time to shower & freshen up, but by the time we were given a room at almost 6 o'clock & the fact that we had only one towel between us (a hand towel) there was no way. As we were leaving our room, a maid was passing by. We let her know we needed towels & had planned to shower before leaving. She replied she was sorry & would bring us towels soon, that the laundry was being done then. I might add that this was a room that included a stove & a fridge, but the stove looked like it had not been cleaned in months if then. We saw roaches on the walkway outside our room, there was water standing around one of the down spouts we had to walk by & mosquitos seemed to be breeding there. The steps we had to use to get to our room were in need of repair with one of the steps having a pretty big hole due to rust. The breakfast area which was in the hotel lobby was very small, the lady working in that area was very polite. I felt bad for her because they had no pasteries or bread which was being requested. She explained that the bread truck did not come. With that said, there was still amlple food such as biscuits, waffles & eggs. When we checked out we voiced our concerns & were told they were short of help. I ask to speak to a manager, the clerk then made a call & whispered the entire time, the only thing I understood that she said was "no, it's a lady". The bottom line is we never got to speak to the manager. I am usually very kind with my reviews but I have to say this is the worst of all places I have stayed & definitely in need of repairs & upgrades.

Note toTrip Review Team: Due to the fact that I stayed in the room but it was booked by my friend, I can provide the conformation # if needed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The outside was lovely but the room had mold on the ceilings and walls in the bathroom, ancient dirt in the corners of the bathroom, and even older dust on the light on the night stand. The thin bath linen smelled of bleach and had old stains that bleach could not remove. Most alarming was the wall in front of the toilet that had suspicious brown streaks and the towels rested against that wall! All in all I was grateful I was only staying one night!

Whats the point of being a Choice Privileges member when you dont want to chance staying at another one!

Room Tip: Not sure they had any "good" rooms!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LaVonda M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for staying at the Quality Inn & Suites. I'm not sure if you reported the issues to the front desk because this is the first I am hearing about them. When one our guest is not pleased we would like to be given the opportunity to fix the problem. I can't really comment the room issues because I'm not sure what room you were in, however our hotel is undergoing many changes and we hope that if you decide to visit again you will see those changes.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!