“No frogs on the menu.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frog Hollow Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 419 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th Street
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Augusta, Ga Frog Hollow Tavern serves Local and Regional Cuisine sourced from local area farms. The bar serves barrel aged craft cocktails and also has a wide selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.
United States
“No frogs on the menu.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Early reservations for four on a Saturday were the best we could do. The place was already getting busy at 5:45. The wine/beer selection was smallish but well-chosen. Service was attentive but not rushed even while we lingered. Small plates were; crab cakes (great) watermelon (surprising,) deep-fried okra served lengthwise, the special and very good I was told. I had the housemade andouille sausage. It was pretty mild, but did not lack in flavor. It came in a full link atop cheese grits and alongside some caramelized Vidalia strings. Be careful, it could have been a meal in itself. Quibble: I would have preferred it be sliced. I have been squirted by hot sausage links. Large plates were: crab cakes again, twice as good, (two on the plate), the salmon special which was excellent, the hangar steak, again excellent. The strip steak fell a little short as it was a bit too chewy, even cooked a proper medium rare. It came sliced! Desserts were great, but the lemon-goat cheese cheesecake highlights the goat cheese. I am a fan, but be sure you are too if you order it. A cobbler was pronounced delicious. Our server never left us lacking, but was not intrusive. 5 stars on service, atmosphere and goodness. I had to hold back one for the lackluster strip steak. We will come back as I agree this is in the top 2 or 3 places now in the CSRA

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

United States
“Excellent food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Frog Hollow is a wonderful place for a special occasion. I eat there often and see "Prom" dates and Anniversaries all the time. The chef is excellent and the bartenders cater to your request.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicous food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

While in Augusta, GA for business, my coworkers and I went to Frog Hollow for dinner. Our wait staff was very knowledgable of the menu and the numerous specials that they were serving that night. I had a delicous rib eye that was cooked rare exactly the way I wanted. Everyone at our table really enjoyed dinner. Delicous food and great service. I definitely will go back when in Augusta.

“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I was in town with my wife and had been to Frig Hollow before. I wanted her to go. She love the pork tenderloin special and Mac n cheese. I had a well seasoned shrimp andouille and grits. We went early to assure we were seated quickly. Will be back.

Augusta, Georgia
“Great flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have eaten here 3 times and have never been disappointed with the food. The farm to table concept is great. This is a great foodie place in a city which is has a serious void when it comes to top end food restaurants.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere