“Lotta Lovin Going On in the Kitchen” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frog Hollow Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 408 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 13th Street
Description: Located in Historic Downtown Augusta, Ga Frog Hollow Tavern serves Local and Regional Cuisine sourced from local area farms. The bar serves barrel aged craft cocktails and also has a wide selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.
Aiken, South Carolina
“Lotta Lovin Going On in the Kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We were a party of 9, all going for our 1st visit to Frog Hollow to celebrate a birthday. We had heard "good" things about it and were all eager to have a good night. Almost immediately we knew we had lucked out as our server, Erica introduced herself, asked if we had been here before, and then told us there was a lotta lovin going on in the kitchen and that it would be great!! I started with the amazing oysters and Erica advised I go with the swordfish special. It was the perfect main course and was to die for - 2"+ thick steak, grilled to perfection, atop Carolina Gold rissotto (native rice). Everybody loved their choices - heirloom tomato salads, grouper, lamb, chicken. And the deserts!! Only a kitchen with a lotta lovin going on in it, tag-teamed with knowledgable and humerous staff could creare the memorable evening we had.

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We ate here during Masters week. We didn't have a reservation but were lucky and managed to find two seats at the bar just as another couple were leaving. The food and service were amazing! The portions were perfect. My husband swears the steak was the best he ever had!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Dinner for Masters Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family and I ate here the Sunday before the Masters started. We had 9:30 reservations and the place was packed. Our waitress was excellent and on her game. I had the pork chop special and it was the best pork I have ever had. From drinks to dessert this meal was an A+. We will definitely come back when back in Augusta.

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was here a couple of times last week and would have happily gone back several more times if my travel plans had allowed it. The food was super tasty (don't miss the gouda mac n' cheese) and they even know how to make a good negroni. When in Augusta, if you want a superior dining experience, make a point of dining at Frog Hollow.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We had the quail and sausage small plates and both were very good. I had the pork shoulder as my large plate with a side of their mac n cheese. Both to die for. My husband had the lamb shanks which literally fell off the bone. Our waiter was exceptional and the chef even stopped by our table to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. It was a little noisy, but it was during the Masters so I wouldn't let that stop anyone from enjoying this amazing restaurant. We will definitely go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere