“Pleasant staff, decent room, great complimentary express breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Augusta North

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 78 hotels in Augusta
Sanford, North Carolina
“Pleasant staff, decent room, great complimentary express breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a nice looking holiday inn express that we reserved through a reward night while passing through Augusta. Our stay was comfortable and overall a pleasant one. The noise from the next room was mildly annoying (a few people having drinks before heading out). The room was up to par with the exception of the sticky bathroom flood which I believe had something to do with the cleaning products used. The room didn't smell fresh, but it wasn't odorous. We were very happy with the breakfast as we usually are with express hotels. The pancake machine was pretty neat and the breakfast attendant was one of the best.

• Stayed January 2013
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to tell us how you enjoyed your stay! We apologize for the sticky floors, this has been brought up to housekeeping. We hope that you'll stop in again next time you're in Augusta.

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tifton, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My stay was during Christmas week for four nights using Priority points. I arrived on Christmas Eve after a long seven hour drive. Upon arrival, I was greeted by Justin, who despite having to work Christmas Eve, was incredibly friendly and upbeat. I was checked in quickly and was given a larger room than originally assigned. As my children would be staying with me during my visit, this was a true blessing. A roomy elevator took me to the fourth floor which opened into a well lit hallway. My room was large indeed. There were two comfortable queen beds, a chair with foot rest, two small tables, two additional chairs, and a large bureau. Even with all that, there was still plenty of room to spread out and walk around. A flat screen tv offered a wide variety of channels that satisfied all tastes. The bathroom was spacious as well, with a large vanity area, hair dryer, and shower that consistantly had hot water and good pressure. The only negative for some guests may be the lack of micro and fridge. If there is a need for them, book a larger suite. As I rarely use them, this was not a problem. All areas were spotless. The breakfast area was equally inviting, with a wide variety of hot and cold offerings. During my stay, they offered eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, cereal, pancakes, fresh fruit, a variety of juices, coffee, instant grits and oatmeal, muffins, breads, and awesome cinnamon rolls. The area was kept spotless and full by a staff that was always courteous and friendly, even during peak hours. I was impressed that, even though there were few guests on Christmas day, the entire breakfast bar was full. During the day, we used the large, well maintained indoor pool that had plenty of seating and was well stocked with clean towels. Finally, and most impotantly, the staff here was awesome. The cleaning, maintenance, breakfast, and front end staffs couldn't have been nicer. Special thanks go to Justin, Brian, and Rachel who were always attentive, professional, and friendly.
To say that I was pleased with my stay would be an understatement. I will definitely make plans to come back here.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us! It's always nice to hear when someone loves everything about our property. We hope you'll stay with us again next time you're in the area and if there is anything we can do to make your stay even better please do not hesitate to ask!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been staying at this Holiday Inn Express most of the fall doing work nearby. The staff is super friendly, and the hotel is near lots of good restaurants on Washington Rd. Not loud, clean rooms, pool, lots of parking.

Room Tip: I like the 5th floor best, laundry on 2nd floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We're pleased to hear that you're enjoying everything during your stay! If there is anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to let management know. We look forward to seeing you frequently around the hotel :)
McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I prefer and almost always enjoy staying at Holiday Inn Express because they are consistently dependable for quality rooms and excellent free hot breakfasts. This Holiday Inn Express was no exception. I enjoyed my stay. It is in a good location near shopping and excellent dining (such as French Market Grille. Villa Europa and Rhineharts). My only complaints were that the rooms surprisingly did not have refrigerators or microwaves (they had three small refrigerators available to rent at $10/night), and the room rates varied (Tuesday and Wednesday were $18 more per night than Monday and Thursday!).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We apologize that we don't have microwaves and fridges, this is an issue that we are currently working on solving. The rates also tend to change due to occupancy variances. We hope that you'll stay with us again next time you're in town :)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were passing through the area and visiting family for the day and chose this Holiday Inn Express although it was a little further away than other hotels. I like the consistency that most Holiday Inn Express hotels offer. For instance the breakfast is usually fresh and most items are the same. I love their selection of breads (usually choose a bagel) and hot foods available. Their bedding is soft and comfortable and rooms always fresh and updated. (Many hotels are fairly new but even the converted ones are equivalent with marble countertops, refrigerator, microwave and flat screen TV's. It's worth it when you are traveling or staying a few nights.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how much you enjoyed out hotel! We strive to please our guests and we're happy to hear that we did just that :)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for a family gathering this month (October 2012). The check in was great, and they gave me special treatment since I was a Prioroty Club member. Our room was clean and on the fifth floor. We were given water and snacks for free, and the breakfast was good. I was expecting continental, but it was a step up. The hotel shared the area with a Sheraton and Hilton, so it was pretty safe. I didn;t like that there was no refigerator int he room, but we made it okay. I would stay again. The customer service is really good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
newport_group, Social Media Specialist at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for letting us know what you thought about our hotel! We're glad that we were able to accommodate all of your needs. We hope to see you again next time you're in Augusta :)
Valdosta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I were here for the Ironman 70.3 weekend in Augusta in September 2012. This hotel met my expectations for a Holiday Inn Express. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The location is convenient, easy to get in and out. The lounge and breakfast were exactly what I expected. Just as an FYI the hotel does not have fridges and microwaves in every room but they do have some fridges available upon request. We had coolers so it wasn't necessary for us to have one but these days it is somewhat expected to have a fridge and microwave. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know how your stay was! We're pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you'll stay with us again during Iron Man in the years to come!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Augusta North? Share your experiences!