“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Augusta
Valdosta, Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for two nights checking in 06/30/2012. Very clean and quiet hotel and convienent to I-20 and local restaurants. The staff is very friendly and they always greet you with a hello. The breakfast bar is very good and plenty of food. Only complaint is that the water drained very slow while taking a shower. However I will stay here the next tome I'm in Augusta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The hotel is located in a grouping of other major hotel chains. It looked very nice on the outside, was well lit making it easy to find. Check in was easy and no frills. The room was very nice clean and updated. This is the minimum I've come to expect from a Holiday Inn.

Location wise, it's off a strip of road that seems to have all the chain restaurants and some local places, gas stations, quick shops and other commercial business. I was told there was no sidewalk on this major road which would have been nice to walk/run along but no fault of the hotels. I was there for work and just needed to head down the road about a mile. I was told the golf course was just a bit past that, so if you there for golf I would think the location would be great. Location wise the area is lacking culture but I think works for most reasons to be Augusta.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stay one night at this property and absolutely loved it!! The staff were friendly and attentive to our needs. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The area was really nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed for one night while visiting the Augusta National Golf Course. The hotel is in great shape and the front desk person was exceptional. He greeted me and confirmed my priority Club membership. He also noted that my priority club preference was a King bed but I asked for 2 queens. Great that he picked this up. I did stick with the 2 queens this time. He also asked if I would like a water and chips since I just got in and had not eaten yet. The room was clean and spacious. I left early at 5:45 am and the breakfast person was setting up. Although breakfast was at 6:30 she welcomed me to take something for the road. Overall these folks were awesome and as in the past, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Visited one night, easy on/off from I-20, standard HI Express. Clean and well kept. Major complaint were the paper thin walls, resulting in being awaken at 3AM by the neighbor with a blaring TV. After complaining to the night manager, a security officer was sent up, resulting in knocking on the door from the officer as well as the phone ringing trying to get the neighbor to turn down the set, but to no avail. The TV stayed on until at least 5:00 in the morning. After complaining to the morning manager, about needing an adjustment to my rate for the disruption, I was told that a Supervisor would call me to discuss. Unfortunately that call never came. Very disappointing, at least they could be more receptive to customer complaints.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear bhawknine,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were there last week for 3 nites. My wife, me, daughter and 2 grandkids. Everything was great! The rooms and whole place was very clean and comfortable.

The staff was very friendly, everyone said hi and good morning!

Breakfast was fantastic. The girl that runs this did an outstanding job!. Sausage gravy and biscuits one morning were great. Cinnamon buns every morning for me. Excellent

Grandkids loved the pool!

I'll be back when we visit family again. This place gets 5 stars in my book!! Great job guys!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and it was perfect. Very quiet, rooms were good size and beds very comfor...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Millen, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I try to stay at Holiday Inn because of the nice rooms and cleanliness. I was not disappointed here. The room was very clean and the staff was extrememly helpful. I have trouble walking and have to use a cane to ensure my safety and they saw to it that I had a downstaris room. They even went as far as getting ice for me. The courteous staff made this stay very enjoyable. They called after I has sufficent time to get settled int he room to make sure everything was to my liking. The inside pool is an added plus.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Augusta North? Share your experiences!