“If you love crabs, this is the place!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Warner Robins, Georgia
“If you love crabs, this is the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've been meaning to stop here for a while now. I guess it was the part of town that kept me away. But I finally went last Friday, and I spent the entire weekend feasting on delectable blue crabs.

Friendly phone service. When i called ahead, I was assured that a dozen steamed crabs would be available that afternoon. And they were right.

Employees were courteous and very helpful. Everyone I saw leaving was toting a large container and wearing smiles on their faces. Three hours later, when I got home to middle GA, I found out why: these crabs were slammin!

I've been eating blue crabs all my life. These guys flat out know what they're doing! I got a generous baker's dozen of juicy, spicy, medium and large size crabs that I enjoyed along with my favorite beverage.

Price was reasonable. $24 w/tax bought me hours of enjoyment. For that money, it was more than comparable to 2 lbs. of snow crab.

I plan on making another 6 hour round trip in the near future, before the season ends. Hope to see you there!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama
“Best Garlicy Buttery Goodness Around!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Loved the food and wish we had one at home. The people were great and will go anytime I am in the August area, it is well worth the calories!!

Visited April 2012
Hephzibah, Georgia
“Crab King”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I've been going to the Crab King since I was 14 years old. I have left Augusta to live other places and upon return, it is always one of the first places I stop. They have the freshest seafood. Almost anything you can wish for. You gotta try the bacon wrapped scallops and the garlic butter shrimp..... so good. Its a take out kinda place and they have two locations.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jekyll Island, Georgia
“Crab King is King”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

While not located in the best part of town, this is a hidden gem for snow crab legs and other fresh seafood. During our visit, the owner had snow crab legs, whole Maryland blue crabs, oysters and shrimp. You can get your food steamed on the premises, or take home and cook yourself. Our tip -- ask for less butter. They tend to add way too much for our Northern tastebuds.