“Close to interstate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Augusta
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
“Close to interstate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This property is very close to the I-520 interstate. It is one of the few reasonably priced Marriott properties in Augusta. I had a king suite which was very spacious. It also had a sofa bed and another TV. The check-in staff were very helpful on the local area and with directions. The breakfast in the morning is great with eggs, sausage, and grits. Along with all of the other typical breakfast items. The one negative to me has nothing to do with the hotel but there is only one restaurant within walking distance. It is the Holiday Inn across the parking lot. I wish there were more selections to walk to. There are numerous restaurants one exit up but I didn't feel like driving anymore. I will stay here again when in Augusta.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your pleasant words about our hotel and your recent stay with us. We look forward to your return visit. I hope that we can continue to meet your needs and make you feel at home here at our hotel.

Mia Sellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ligonier, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was a nice place. Had breakfast ready on time every morning and staff was very helpful.
Rooms could use some better furnishings and the TV's are difficult to use and need updated as well. Restaurants nearby to eat, good selection.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Shawn, I hope that you will continue to choose us as your hotel of choice when you come back and vist Augusta. Our fresh HOT breakfast is a new Fairfield Inn & Suites standard and we are very proud of what we deliver to our customers everyday. We will continue to make improvements and upgrades to our property as best we can. All customer feedback helps us to know what we strive to improve on. Thanks again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok so this is the good : clean ,close to the military base and has an indoor pool . The bad : front desk not really helpfull they are not impolite but seems like they don't want to be bother its close to the train so yes you will hear the horn beds are not constable not fridge or microwave unless you have a suit . Iam sorry but its not worth the money ,we came to the military base fort Gordon and its sad to say the hotels closer to the base suck and are expensive

• Stayed April 2013
I am sorry that you didn't have a great stay with us here at the hotel during your recent visit to Fort Gordon. Yes we are very close and convenient to the base entrance unforunately I feel like we didn't deliver our Marriott Customer Satisfaction that I know my staff believes in. Hopefully next time you are back in Augusta it will be at a different time of the year, as our rates do flucuate with the seasons and demands and we can make you feel like staying with us was worth the value.

Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I were in town one night for business and had one of the best stays in a hotel at the Fairfield Inn and Suites. The mattress was a new memory foam and we slept wonderfully. The shower was great and the breakfast was by far one of the best hotel breakfasts we have ever had. There was so much selection and many healthy choices. The staff all went out of their way to be helpful. If we are going to Augusta, Georgia again, I will stay no where else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
WOW thank you for such kind words of praise about our hotel! We take great pride in treating each and evey customer with respect and welcome them back over and over again to stay with us. Hope to see you here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Augusta again soon!

Mt. Juliet
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I moved here after the Holiday Inn across the street was just not up to par. I prefer Marriott properties anyways. Brittany at the front desk is awesome always friendly and professional. The hotel is very clean and the room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good a little cramped in the food area. The shuttle which services the Holiday Inn and the Fairfield was great, they even came and picked us up at 1am. I did notice when Brittany wasn't working that the front desk staff was scarce, maybe in the back. They were all friendly though.
My only complaint was that the indoor pool AND the outdoor jacuzzi were both out of service for "yearly maintenance". I was told that the replacement heater for the pool was on back order. I find this very suspect. I would give the hotel excellent rating if the pool and jacuzzi were in operation. Also although I would never stay at the Holiday Inn across the street again their restaurant and bar is really good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback and rating of our hotel. I hope that when you come back to visit Augusta that you will choose to stay with us again. We love our Marriott loyal customers!!

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and loved it. I was dropping my husband off at Fort Gordon and stayed here. It's about 10 minutes from Fort Gordon, so that's convenient. It seems to be about 10-15 minutes from anywhere. If you have to cab it, it can get pricey. However, they do offer a free shuttle from the hotel within 5 miles. The rooms are nice and modern looking and very comfortable. The ceilings are high and it gives the illusion of a bigger space. The only think I didn't like was that there wasn't a fridge, so we used the ice bucket to make our drinks cold. The hot tub is right outside the pool and its very quick and convient to get to. If you're looking for a hotel that is safe and a good value for your money, this is the one in Augusta.

• Stayed January 2013
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Ms. Ashley;

Thank you so much for your positive words about your recent stay here at the Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites in Augusta, GA. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope that you will continue to visit with us on your return visits to Augusta. We strive to make every customer feel at home while staying here and hopefully next time we can get you into one of our rooms with a fridge and microwave.

Thanks again for your kind words and hope to see you soon on your return visit to beautiful Augusta, GA.

Sanford, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were on our way to Atlanta and decided to take a day trip to Augusta. We wanted a hotel just outside the city but close to the highway, so we could be back on our way quickly the next morning. The location worked well for us and we had read reviews that mentioned there wasn't a lot around, so we had dinner in town before heading to the hotel. Except for a few loud trucks coming off the highway, the room was very quiet. The hotel was just what we were looking for. The staff was pleasant and helpful. It's a newer hotel so we expected the room to be in good condition and it was. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large, which is nice when you have four people trying to get ready at the same time. The breakfast was decent, the usual fruit,waffles, cereal, etc. Don't know if I will ever be be back in Augusta but I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a response about your stay with us. I am glad we were able to meet your needs. Thank you for the positive words and praise about the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly staff. Hope you can return to Augusta, and again will choose to stay with us.

Mia Sellers

Been to Fairfield Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!