“Relaxing Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Washington, D.C.
“Relaxing Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was nice and clean, I LOVED the smell in the lobby ( I meant to ask what it was). The hallways were quiet, and going into the room, it was nice, comfortable, and CLEAN! Internet accessibility was quick so I could check my mail and other things that were needed. Breakfast each morning was actually good! They have Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, fruit, cereal, waffles (you make), yogurt, coffee/tea/juices (Apple/orange), toast, bagels, etc. The hotel is not too far from the airport, Augusta Mall, or Washington Street (places to get just about anything to eat, grocery stores). The gas station is across the street for those that have a rental car and need to return it back to the airport. Ft Gordon is only about 3 miles away for those visiting military personnel or need to utilize the bases facilities.

I did have two issues:

1. When booking, I requested an early check in. My flight was delayed, and I would have gotten there earlier than I did (about noon). When I tried, to check in, they had no room I requested (double beds) available. I was not too bummed because I decided to go to a family members house, however, if I was banking on the early check in, I would have been very disappointed. It's a lot easier to just say NO EARLY CHECK on the website, and that would alleviate futher issues.

2.. The housekeeper forgot towels :0(....that was minor though. I went downstairs, and they were happy to supply the forgotten towels with a smile and quickness!

Overall, I would return to this hotel again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay with us. I am glad that most of your visit was to your expectations. I want to apologize for the fact we could not get you an early check in. We try our best to accommodate those on a case by case basis, but sometimes we cannot. I have also shared your comments with our housekeeping staff about the lack of replacement towels. I assure you this is an “exception to the rule”, and not a normal occurrence here and we hope then next time you are in town you will choose us as your preferred hotel again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wake Forest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

What you'd expect in a Fairfield Inn. It did not disappoint. Very clean, friendly staff, good beds, and flat screen television. The breakfast bar seemed to have more breakfast items than the usual Fairfield Inn. No bacon and eggs but lots to chose from. The breakfast area was not very large and that caused a "traffic" problem. Our room was very quiet. We didn't use their internet connection so we can't comment on that. The Fairfield Inn has seemed to downgrade their towels. They aren't as fluffy or thick as some other hotel chains. Overall, a very nice stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our property. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I sincerely apologize that you felt that our towels were a downgraded product. We actually just ordered a brand new batch of towels recently. I will make sure I follow up our Executive Housekeeper to ensure that these towels are going into our rooms. We hope the next time you are in Augusta you come back and see us!
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Not a bad stay. Very friendly staff but very slow internet. Also very generic soaps/shampoos not your typical Marriitt standard.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty standard
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you had troubles with the internet. We are actually in the process of upgrading our internet, and we have had fewer reported issues now that we have completed a portion of this. I will make sure I relay this infomation back to our IT department so it can be looked into, and take the proper steps to make sure this isn't an issue moving forward. We hope to see you again next time you are in town.
Orangeburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was by far a nice hotel, even though i thought the room was not well designed for my taste but none the less it was functional for my stay. The breakfast attendant was not prepared for the amount of guest that were present this past weekend, but she wasted no time preparing what was needed to make breakfast go off without a hitch, just a few minutes of waiting an we were all taken care of with a smile. My only complaint was that when the room was cleaned, they took the dirty towels and did not leave one clean towel for us ot use, and when we called the front desk we were informed that we would have to come down to the front desk to pick them up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your weekend experience with us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our hotel as well as breakfast during your stay, and I will share your comments with our staff about your breakfast experience. I apologize that no towels were left behind when your room was serviced. I will follow up with our team and make sure they double check the rooms before completing their service. We hope to see you next time you are in Augusta!
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Excellent service and the staff will definitely try to accommodate your needs. The property's decor is modern and enticing as so are the rooms. They have pretty decent breakfast, but more hot choices such as eggs and sausage/bacon would be a plus.
Now to the cons since this is why we write and read these reviews. If you are planning on staying only a few days this is an excellent place to stay, Marriott has done a terrific job with their properties. However, if you are planning on staying for over a week I would recommend a different place that offers more bang for your buck.
The rooms do not have a refrigerator and/or microwave so it gets expensive to eat out everyday and there are no restaurants around the hotel, so if you want to eat you have to drive. The rooms have a really nice flat screen tv, but if you are planning on bringing your own electronic devices that require either HDMI or component inputs you will not be able to use them since the hotel has locked the TV inputs. The channel selection, although it has a few HBO and ESPN channels, is terrible. If you are traveling with children, good luck keeping them entertained since there are no TV channels for kids (Disney, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon)
The towels are probably the cheapest ones that you can find at Walmart, you use them once and feel like throwing them out.
Overall it is a good hotel if you are a business traveler conducting businesses in the vicinity and staying only for a couple of days.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. We are actively working on getting microwaves and refrigerators for all of our guestrooms to help accommodate those with long term stay needs. We are also in the process of expanding our channel lineup for our cable TV to give our guests more choices. I am sorry that the bath towels were thin. I have discussed this with our housekeeping team and we have taken steps to make sure that those issues are eliminated, and that only the best quality linen is used in our rooms. We hope the next time you are in town you will consider staying with us again.
La Jolla, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

If we had not booked this place in haste when we discovered we had Masters tickets, I might feel better about this experience. This is a good low-end hotel which does a decent job with breakfast, evening munches (no alcohol license), gym and whirlpool facilities and helpful and positive staff. But the location could not be weaker for the Augusta area--not a restaurant, market or liquor store within miles and surrounded by abandoned shopping centers. A pathetic location with mediocre housekeeping. But if you are on a budget, this should be fine when they take the $499 price tag off of the back of the door (we paid over $600 a night) and charge the $79 which this might be worth in this part of the world. And if you are booking for the Masters, be sure to research better options (they do not even have the Golf Channel!) although their shuttle service was terrific if you are not in the mood for driving and parking yourself.

Room Tip: You might be better off on the back side of the hotel with the train rather than the trucks and moto...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry that our location was not the best for you. I know we do not have anything within walking distance of the hotel; however we are only minutes away from the Augusta Mall and the restaurants that are located around the mall area. Masters is a very special time for Augusta, and we try our best to make sure everyone enjoys their experience at our hotel. We are working on getting an expanded cable package this year which would include the Golf Channel, and I am sorry we did not have it while you were with us. If there is anything I can assist you with in the future do not hesitate to give me a call.
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is one of the nicest Fairfield Inns that I have stayed in - definitely exceeded my expectations. Fairfield Inn is a solid brand and I have always had good luck with them - not a lot of frills, but consistently good across the board. This hotel was a cut above. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, my room was great, and breakfast was plentiful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Matthew P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments with us about your stay. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations, and I will make sure I share your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Augusta!