“Very Happy with our stay at Sheraton Augusta” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Very Happy with our stay at Sheraton Augusta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at Sheraton Augusta for three nights. This is a great hotel. It was very clean and in a great location. There is a nice itouch docking station and the alarm clock even plays nature sounds (which I find beneficial in hotels). We had no problems accessing the free wireless internet in our room. We ate dinner in the restaurant downstairs the first night. The food was very good and the staff very friendly. The restaurant is a little pricey, but not unexpected for a hotel. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel or stay here again. Very nice!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Friendly staff, very clean, contemporary furnishings, great restaurant food, safe! What more can you ask for! The ambience was definitely business-y (but I stayed mid-week). The front desk staff knew me by name after check-in. Work out facility had TV integrated machines. Very impressive all around. In terms of location, it is close to the main interstate but not loud. A Starbucks and gas station are close by but not within walking distance to any restaurant or shopping. I imagine most drive or rent cars in this area anyway. Great dive seafood shack just up the road (Rhineharts).

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

A group from our company had a meeting in Augusta and it was decided to stay at the Sheraton. A low rate and rooms on the executive (?) floor made it attractive. We were not disappointed.
The hotel has a nice spacious lobby. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were large with nice facilities. An ergonomic desk and large LCD television add to the comfort. I found it quiet and slept very well.
The floor has its own breakfast area with tv which made it quite convenient and nice for the group. There was a variety of hot and cold foods. All in all an excellent stay.

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I was excited to stay here because it was very reasonably priced (cheaper than the other 2 hotels in the same parking lot). Upon entering the hotel, I was very impressed with the gorgeous lobby and the very friendly front desk clerk. I was a little annoyed that the guy vaccuuming the floor right behind the front desk didn't bother to shut it off and he was so close I had a REALLY hard time hearing the girl at front desk.

The room was a decent size, clean, and nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. However, I got a lousy night's sleep because a.) there's a VERY large gap under the door that allows all the light from the hallway to come flooding in the room and b.) I had to listen to the TV of the guy next door to me well into the night. Needless to say, my 3:45 AM alarm came way too early.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for an extended period of time and I was able to experience this hotel fully. First, the front desk staff was absolutely wonderful. Greeted me with a smile every single day...yes, everyday. The housekeeping staff was equally amiable and would go out of their way to ensure that I had everything I needed; sometimes even when I didn't request service. The restaurant staff was incredibly friendly but the food was the real treat. Absolutely delicious food! The gym was nice and so was the pool but the real gem of this hotel is definitely their customer service! When I checked out of the hotel, I had forgotten a few things. Those items were mailed out to me...

I only have one slight issue and that is the sound barriers in the rooms are not great. Out of my 50 night stay, there were a couple of nights that I heard a lot of noise coming from the halls or other rooms but considering how many other nights I didn't hear anything, I thought this to be minor! The other pros made this con almost nonexistent.

The people made this stay for me comfortable and delightful. Will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I am a business traveler so I have a higher standard than most people when it comes to hotels because I spend more time in a hotel than I do my own home. Upon arrival (as I have done with all Starwood Properties) I asked if my room was clean and the answer was yes but in this instance they meant it and they called me to ensure that they cleanliness met my standards and to be honest it exceeded my standards. I was able to get a good night's rest and although it was located close to the interstate I did not hear any noise to disrupt my sleep. I was only here for one night but will be coming back soon because I have stayed at several Starwood properties (W in Hoboken, Sheraton in Newark, Westin in Cincinnati) and this hotel is by far the cleanest.

• Stayed November 2010
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I travel very frequently, and I always stay at Starwood Properties. I was not aware of this hotel until my last trip to Augusta. When I found out there was a Sheraton there, I was estatic! The property was pretty new and everything looked great.
During check in, I waited at the desk for about two minutes before the associate acknowledged that I was there. His name was Ethan. He appeared to be doing some type of schoolwork. He began to assist me but I got the feeling that I had interrupted him! He was very short with me and after getting my payment, he gave me my room keys and told me "the elevators are over there" and then he immediately resumed whatever it was that he was doing when I first reached the desk.
In addition to not having great customer service skills, he had two nose piercings, which i do not feel is up to Starwood standards.
I probably would not stay at this hotel again, if it wasn't the only Starwood Property in Augusta.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Augusta Hotel? Share your experiences!