“GREAT!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 78 Hotels in Augusta
Norfolk
“GREAT!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have been staying here for about a month on business, out firm is currently using three rooms,having moved out of America's Best Value...This is a CLEAN hotel with numerous restaurants and shopping nearby. Owner is on site and VERY responsive! For a great, inexpensive hotel, THIS IS IT!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I checked on a Monday 11/7/2011, on Wednesday I received a call from a co-worker who was about to check in. He stated that someone was painting a car parked next to my 2011 Escalade ESV. So I called the hotel and they stated that this is something they do all the time and it was PERFECTLY SAFE!!!! I left work and upon my arrival at the hotel, I looked over my vehicle and seen it was covered in gray primer paint. After confronting the manager he stated that the car wasn't being painted on the same side of the building, yet he couldn't EXPLAIN why there was paint all over the parking spot next to my vehicle. I asked to speak to the owner "Mr.Patel" and the owner informed me that he didn't wish to speak to me, for it wasn't his problem. Mr.Patel then called the police from his location and once the arrived he in turn showed up. I was escorted from the property w/o a refund and paint all over my vehicle. So BEWARE

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
West Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

Stayed at teh Sunset Inn for 2 nights during the Masters. The price was way high for what you got ($150 per night) but still only 7 minutes from Augusta National and at least 150 cheaper than anything else around. It is an older hotel with outside doors and honestly, absolutely nothing to look at....but....it is clean, comfortable beds, in a good location, and the guy at the desk is really helpful and friendly. Would I bring my wife and kids here to stay...well, no....but would I come back to stay especially during the Masters...Absolutely!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
harrybrucker123
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2009

This hotel is not a franchised hotel, but offers a great value. When I say "great value" that doesn't mean cheap rates and a crappy room. That mean this place really impressed me with the quality of the rooms. You get exactly what you need without having to pay extra for a hotel that has a built in restaurant and huge meeting spaces. The location of this hotel is perfect with many restaurants around it anyways. But for $40 dollars I got a great room with free Wi-Fi highspeed internet, bedding that was new, the vanity area had granite on the countertops, the bathroom was clean, and a microwave & refrigerator. Overall based on location, price, the quality of the room, this place is a great place to stay. If you're looking for something with a restaurant in the hotel, conference centers, etc. this is not the place for you, you may instead want to check out the Marriott or Hilton. The only thing I wish they had was a swimming pool, but othe rthan that great. Oh, one other thing, I just saw the pics they have up on TripAdvisor and they really don't do the rooms mucj justice. They may have been taken before they did their renovation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to Sunset Inn? Share your experiences!