“Clean hotel but manager was rude” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Augusta-Fort Gordon

Howard Johnson Inn Augusta-Fort Gordon
You added Howard Johnson Inn Augusta-Fort Gordon to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Augusta-Fort Gordon
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4045 Jimmie Dyess Parkway, I-20 Exit 194, Augusta, GA 30909   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Rosedale, Maryland
“Clean hotel but manager was rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Having a hotel that is clean and easily accessed from a main roads was a major plus, but it is also expected when traveling near a major highway.

I will say that the hotel manager, Vikram was rude and made the start of my stay unpleasant. He rudely threw paperwork in front of me without even providing a pen or telling me what he needed. It made me even more angry when after I signed my receipt he rudely walked away and mumbled something about the next day's breakfast whch when I asked what he said, he didn't even bother to turn around and tell me but kept walking and increased the volume of his voice.

I think what is boils down to is customer service. Vikram was rude and as a result I would never recommend anyone to stay their.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have stayed at this location at least a dozen times. Each time has been an easy going stay. Clean rooms, quiet area, friendly staff both day and night. I have never had an issues during all of my stays. I will have stay in twon during the week for the rest of the year, so I will be checking back in there.

Room Tip: Corner suites are huge with kitchen and couch
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
COLUMBIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

$38 special on expedia and stayed 7 nights; clean and safe; interiors entrance with side exits locked at night; 3 floors with elevator; basic furniture in king bed rm; flatscreen tv; small closet; small frig w/microwave; great water pressure; some hot items for breakfast; free newspaper; small laundry, internet, and fitness center; no bugs and not trashy; walls are thin but I did not have any issues with noise makers; Better than I thought. Friendly staff. Would stay again.

Room Tip: stay on third floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Aiken, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The only thing that I liked about this hotel was the convience of being close to Fort Gordon. The walls in the rooms was paper thin, you could hear the people next door talking as well as their tv. The front desk clerk was not courteous. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We arrived at midnight, driving from Louisiana for my son's graduation at Fort Gordan. We were assigned a room, which I made reservations 2 weeks before and also called twice on drive there letting them know we were going to be later arriving, we were given a room that was not clean, when we went to desk to notify them, Paula, who was great, took care of everything, we were given 2 king suites at same price for room we reserved! Breakfast was great! I can not complain, The whole place was clean, neat, and very nice.It took me 3 hours of reading reviews to pick this hotel and i was still worried, if you want a very nice place to stay and clean and with great staff, and affforable, this is the hotel!!! I would reccomend to anyone staying in Augusta. Thank you Paula for GREAT Service !!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

This was absolutely great value for the money. The room was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was awesome at that price point! The hotel was very convenient to Fort Gordon and the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Yulee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

What a wonderful place to stay. Employees were so polite. The girl at desk knew everyone by name. The Inn was full the two nights that we were there but it was quiet. I could not ask for a better stay. We will be back. Thank you Howard Johnson employees.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Augusta-Fort Gordon? Share your experiences!