“Nice Choice for Downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Augusta East

You added Holiday Inn Express Augusta East to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Augusta East
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   444 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901 (Formerly Regency Inn Augusta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Athens GA
“Nice Choice for Downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There are very few hotel selections in downtown Augusta, so when I discovered a new Holiday Inn Express right on Broad Street, it was a pleasant surprise. We were there to attend a family wedding and were within walking distance of the venue. This hotel was recently completely gutted and rehabbed, so everything was clean and new, which was my main motivation for booking. Check-in was a little slow, because the clerk was in training. The room was nice, clean and well appointed....the king bed was extremely comfortable, including the pillows. The only drawback was the noise coming from the locked closet which housed the heating/cooling system...it literally sounded like a Mack truck was in our room every time it kicked on. This was room 503, and for that reason alone I would try to avoid it. We did not partake of the free breakfast so I cannot comment there. We did sit out at the pool area and drink a beer (there is a package store next door), and it is a nice area with a good sized pool. All-in-all, it was a good stay, with the exception of the noisy cooling system, and I would stay there again if I needed to be located downtown. Although this end of Broad St is a little run down, I never felt uncomfortable and I never saw any people lurking or hanging around. As I said prior, our family walked the 3 blocks to the wedding venue and felt completely safe.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

444 Broad St. Convenient to Golf course in Augusta, Old Towne Augusta, Kimberly-Clark Beech Island. Clean, new...what you would expect of Holiday Inn Express. Friendly staff. Gated parking. Great breakfast.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

The front desk manager handled my check in and was so uninterested in her job that I cant even say she cared enough to be rude. She didnt even look at me when she spoke to me. After my rude check in, I had to go back to the front desk to tell her My room key didnt work in the parking lot entrance gate. She told me "all I can do is just reset it like I did everyone elses. There is nothing I can do" (without even looking up) it didnt work for my entire visit. It was scary because every store front within a 4 block radius has bars on its windows so I didnt feel comfortable leaving my car outside the secured lot. The area surrounding this hotel is not very nice. But the room was clean and modern. The hotel itself is nice, but the front desk manager and surrounding area leave lots to be desired.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2015

This is the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel/motel. After checking in and going out to find a location to have dinner, I returned to my room and prepared to have my dinner. I needed additional condiments, I was provided with those items. What alarmed me the most was as I was returning to my floor I noticed a couple near my room and realized there were no other rooms on the other side of my room. Well, to my surprise, someone was coming out of my room and I overheard them saying "someone stuff is in that room, I can't believe they gave us someone room." I then asked is that my room you all were given and she stated yes. I then came to the room and tried to use my card and it would not work, prior to the couple using their key to get that was given to them my Monique, I was no longer able to gain access to my room. The couple and I went back to the front desk and told the guest clerk, name Monique, that she gave someone else access to my room. I then state my privacy was exposed and it was Holiday Inn Express fault. She then looks in the system and said "no, you were in the wrong room you were supposed to be in room 413." I said, "No you gave me a key card and wrote on the card holder 419 and the key worked in 419." Monique then stated "well your card was already made so it was not my fault", I said no I watched you program the card. I felt violated and she thought it was FUNNY as she began laughing with the guest that she gave access to my room. I asked for a refund so I could go to another hotel, as I no longer felt safe here and she stated no, I could not get one. I asked for the manager and she stated the manager would not be in until in the morning and I would have to take that up with her. She gave the manager name of "Rebecca Sims". Again, I asked for my money back, because I no longer felt safe, she then said it was only an error and they happen. I informed her because of Holiday Inn Express error I no longer felt comfortable at this hotel. Monique is the employee that represents Holiday Express Inn that therefore is a negative reflection on their hotel. I will continue to take my business to Marriott, where I will be residing on tonight or tomorrow night. The guest clerk Monique was very unprofessional and does not need to be working at anyone's front desk. Oh did I mention the unit runs like a motor in the room before the heat comes on.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Augusta East, responded to this review, February 23, 2015
Dear India R,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us with regards to our staff service. We have sent you a private message to discuss your concern further.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

This hotel is at the end of the main boulevard (Broad St) downtown. It would be very good if you were going to go to places downtown and didn’t want to drive back to the interstate area. There are several restaurants within walking distance and if so inclined, the local strip clubs are one block over. I didn’t notice any fast food drive through places nearby. This end of the strip is kind of sketchy and I don’t think a single woman should walk down the sidewalk here. I walked down to Luigi’s for dinner (about three blocks) and would have been a little more comfortable with another guy with me.
That being said, the hotel seems fairly new and has a modern look to it. The room was fresh and sleek looking. The lobby looks new and has the little store where you can pick up a few things. Breakfast is the usual Holiday Inn junk, so nothing special. Parking is gated but it is in most downtown areas of the country. I didn’t see any security that other posts commented on but they may have been around somewhere. I would stay here again if I was going to one of the establishments in the downtown area and didn’t want to drive very far when the night ended. There is plenty of parking along Broad Street (which the hotel is on) which has many, many clubs, restaurants, and shops.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Eerbeek, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015 via mobile

Ok, the hotel isn't new and is not located at the best area of Augusta, but the rooms are clean en equipped correctly. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is typical Holiday Inn food, not very special but it's for free.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
A S, Management Co. at Holiday Inn Express Augusta East, responded to this review, January 17, 2015
Dear Bertrand N:

I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. Thank you for your kind words as we strive to take care of our guests as well as provide a clean and comfortable room. I hope you to have you stay with us again the next time you're in the Augusta. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team.

Travel safe

Holiday Inn Express Augusta-East Team
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is situated in a horrible area of town and therefore they have put a gate on the parking lot.

I appreciate the fact that they took that precaution for cars not to get broken into but the hotel is not that great. The hotel could have been put together better. The rooms are not that great either. But it is clean.

I just don't see what was so great about it. It's a little a-typical of the typical holiday inn

• Stayed October 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Augusta East, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
Dear truthful r,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for reviewing our property. I am happy that you found our hotel clean. However, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the condition of the hotel may have caused you. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest services.

Once again, thank you for taking the time. We value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Augusta East? Share your experiences!