“Had a wonderful time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel and Conference Center

You added Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #55 of 79 Hotels in Augusta
Brooklyn, New York
“Had a wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spend a few days in Augusta at this Ramada. We found it lovely and comfortable, and would gladly stay there again next time we visit. we love walking, so all of downtown, including the River Walk was there for us to enjoy.

Room Tip: There are many rooms. We stayed on the 9th floor with view to the river. It was real nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Due to a basketball tournament, me and a business partner were left with only the Ramada Hotel & Convention Center in "Downtown" Augusta. This hotel is OLD. The decor and furniture in the rooms are straight out of the 70's. All the wood furniture is beat up. The mattress was comfy. The wall mounted AC/Heat was like having a jet engine in the room. Really loud. The WiFi on the 5th floor was sketchy. It didn't work at all until I complained. They got it going but the signal kept dropping off line or was extremely weak when it worked. I tried my iPad on the other floors and from the third floor down it worked great. Friendly staff. No free breakfast, only a pay-for buffet. No fitness center. Had to go 3-4 blocks away to the local YMCA. Nice facility, but you will pay $5/day or $15/week with your hotel room card. Nice Riverwalk nearby. But if I were a woman walking solo, I'd be a little worried. Several homeless people sleeping on the benches and on old foam pads. Good selection of restaurants within walking distance. Not much else. This was a last resort. I wouldn't pay the money we did to come back again.

Room Tip: Pick somewhere else...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

From start to finish.....the service was excellent.....customer service was superb......the manager Ms. Pat was dynamic....the entire staff was great.....I didn't want to leave....they was our host hotel for our pastor's anniversary.....we will definitely be bac....close to river walk, shopping, great resturaunt inside of the hotel......we are so happy and definitely recommend this hotel....thank you guys so much for giving us excellent service.....we will be bac..........thanks a million.......

Room Tip: it doesn't matter all rooms are nice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel Wednesday of "Masters" week in April. Staff went out of their way to fulfill our requests. Room was comfortable. Free shuttle to the golf course was an added plus. Would highly recommend this property to stay at.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Although the rest of the staff impressed me and I'm sure that I got what I paid for as far as my room went, the bartender in the Eagle's Nest, the penthouse lounge, was the single most rude and terrible individual I have ever encountered. She is as snotty as she is dismissive and ill-mannered. Holier than thou! Not only are her drinks strong enough to kill you with absolutely no concern for taste but I SWEAR I saw her pocket my payment. She was enough to ruin my entire trip to Augusta. Never again will I allow someone to speak to my husband and I that way. RUDE! RUN!

• Stayed May 2012
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel. It was relaxing and enjoyable. Our room was comfortable, slept like a log. The staff were real friendly too. We hope to be back again in the future

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I had a wonderful and relaxing experience. I was alone here on a business. The staff was very sweet and accommodating. The room was very nice; a great view of the downtown area. The location is convenient to everything. Loved the rooftop lounge; great view at night. Breakfast and lunch was delicious. I will be looking forward to staying here my next visit to Augusta. Thank you to all at the Ramada!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!