“Worst hotel experience ever” 1 of 5 stars

You added Executive Suites Inn to your Saves list
Executive Suites Inn
3682 Deans Bridge Road, Closest to Fort Gordon, Augusta, GA 30815   |
Augusta, Georgia, United States
“Worst hotel experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Overall this was the WORST hotel experiences of my life. The room I was given was not the room I was shown when I first agreed to stay there. The room I was shown had a nice flat screen TV and numerous updated appliances and other amenities, the room I checked into had all older appliances and fixtures. The pet deposit is outrageously expensive at $200 PER PET! And I had to walk my dog off the premises (across the street) for the “pet area” that was unlit and had broken glass and other forms of litter scattered everywhere. On day one, the smoke detector was beeping continuously and I was basically told to take care of it myself. I insisted that I wanted the management to take care of it and someone finally came and installed the battery to remedy the problem. This could go on forever so here is a list of all items that were extremely substandard:
-Oven did not heat properly
-Kitchen sink sprayer and drain stopper broken and inoperable
-Bathroom sink drain stopper inoperable
-Bathtub drain clogged and backing up
-Shower curtain was moldy
-Barely enough hot water to finish a shower (less than ten minutes)
-Bedroom window had cracked glass.
I only continued to stay here out of necessity and the fact I had invested $400 in pet fees and did not want to move my family yet again. DO NOT stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Schwetzingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I was moving from overseas to FT Gordon but called too late to get on post housing. I'm glad I was late! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful constantly going out of their way to help in any way they could. When I arrived I knew nothing about the area, had no car, no phone and had to fax forms back and forth to close on my house. They told me where I could find groceries, have an on-site taxi service of sorts, allowed me to send and receive faxes so I could close on time! They were always asking how I was doing and how they could help, if felt almost like staying with friends.
While the rooms aren't fancy, they are perfect for a longer stay. I enjoyed having a kitchen and refrigerator and the beds weren't rock hard like most hotels. They had a desk and a couch and there was plenty of space for all of the stuff I dragged with me from Germany. I traveled extensively throughout western Europe in the 6 years I was there and had extended stays in more hotels than I would like to remember. This is one of very few in my life that I have actually felt comfortable staying at and it is close to post. If I need a place to stay when I move again, I'll will give them a call!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Marion, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We made reservations to come see our son and my Uncle for Thanksgiving. My husband wound up in the hospital on route to Georgia from Texas, an 18 hour trip. The assistant manager said he would ask if they could do something for our son who is an A1C, not rich. Not only did they not call back they over charged him. Company policy without a heart .... not a place I will ever recommend .... they do not care about our service men just money. My husband could not continue an 18 hour trip with dyverticulitous flare up

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

This is actually a converted apartment complex which affords some unique spins on the traditional hotel/motel scenario. The rooms are fairly spacious with nice amenities including kitchenette and dining areas. If you are endeavoring for an apartment style layover you should consider Executive Suites Inn. Room was confortable and clean and fairly spacious which allows for an improved ambiance. Supposedly an eatery is in the works; there is also a sauna suite. Price was reasonable and staff friendly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
VICKY34, Manager at Executive Suites Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Thank you for noticing the Executive Suites Inn recently completed a renovation and is the area's newest all-Suite hotel offering accommodations that include a living room with sofa, work desk, complete kitchens with full-sized appliances and separate bedrooms with the choice of 1 and 2 beds. Perfect for short or extended stays and the business or leisure traveler, we invite you to let anyone you know who needs a place to stay in Augusta to contact us here at Executive Suites Inn. We hope to see you again soon.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

After doing extensive research on hotels in Augusta, I stayed at the Executive Suites Inn while on TDY (a military business trip) and it paid off greatly. Upon arrival I was greeted with a warm smile and welcoming attitude by the manager Vicky. She was very knowledgeable about the surrounding area and went above and beyond to ensure all my questions were answered. When I entered my suite, I was amazed at the spaciousness of the living room and detail to cleanliness that I encountered throughout. The rooms were well-appointed and the bathroom was most accommodating. The suite was large and the rooms offered privacy if needed. The full kitchen was convenient because of the odd hours that I work and being able to cook whenever I wanted was a huge plus for me. There were other military personnel as guests that combined with the other travelers made this short time away feel quite home like. The Front Office staff was responsive and very timely displaying a high level of courtesy and politeness. I travel frequently and stay in numerous hotels but Executives Suites Inn is my best and only choice when in Augusta.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
The Executive Suites Inn was happy to provide lodging for this member of our Armed Forces and we are pleased he enjoyed his stay. With our "Closest to Fort Gordon" location, Executive Suites Inn is the best choice for any military service or family member being stationed here or any one visiting the Base. You came to us as a Guest and left as a new Friend. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to being you "Home Away From Home" on your next visit to Fort Gordon.
Acworth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

When I got to hotel it looked nothing like the picture shown on the site. None of that stuff was had the appearance of the hotel. First of all, it was secluded. It was located off the highway next to a wooded area far away from everything. Then, it appeared very unsanitary that my teenaged daughter was scared to enter the property. There were flying roaches on the walls. The furniture in the room was damp. The fixtures and appliances appeared antiquated. To make matters worse, is that my daughter and I both suffer from sinusitis. As soon as I entered the room, it triggered my allergies. That's when I decided to speak with hotel attendant and told her that I couldn't stay there. She then informed me that I would not be refunded my money. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! The room wasn't up to standards and I didn't stay 10 minutes in the hotel. If I am not happy and did not stay there, I deserve my money back. Personally, I think this property needs to be re-inspected and/or sent to the Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
VICKY34, Manager at Executive Suites Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
We are sorry that this guest was not pleased with her stay. Upon arrival this guest relayed to us their satisfaction with the Suite provided but didn't realize that the location wasn't closer to the venue for the event in which her daughter was participating. Due to this event, many other area hotels were fully booked. The guest stated she was satisfied with the accommodations, her daughter though wanted to move to another hotel to be with friends. Management was never made aware of any allergic reaction that the guest had and only became aware of this afterwards when we were contacted by the online booking site for a refund. The property is regularly treated for pest control, has within the past month received 100% in a Health Dept. inspection and received a visit from the Convention and Visitors Bureau inspection team. The Hotel completed a renovation in April 2011 and the fixtures/appliances, despite any appearances, are not antiquated. Our location is on the well-traveled U.S. Hwy #1 and approx. only 2.5 miles from I-520. Any guest booking at our Hotel is presented with the same cancellation policy (no kidding) and had the guest been upfront with Management a satisfactory resolution would have been reached. This Hotel will continue to vigorously defend itself from false and misleading accusations.
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I attended a 4 week course on Ft. Gordon, and preferred a place with a full kitchen and an atmosphere suitable for study. I got exactly that. I was pleasantly suprised to find that my room had been fully remodeled with new bath, new carpet, and new furniture. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The location was about the best I could find for a very short commute to Ft. Gordon, and away from the busier section of town where most of the corporate-owned hotels are located. I would definitely stay in this hotel again, wether traveling alone for business, or with my family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
VICKY34, Manager at Executive Suites Inn, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
The Executive Suites Inn, Closest to Fort Gordon, is happy to welcome the many great men and women of our military. We provide clean, comfortable and quiet accommodations well-suited for single and family Guests. Just 1/2 mile from Fort Gordon's Gate 5 and convenient to I-520 makes the Executive Suites Inn the best choice for all-Suite lodging for anyone doing business on Base or in Augusta.

Been to Executive Suites Inn? Share your experiences!