“Excellent restaurant in Augusta” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 406 Restaurants in Augusta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Aiken, South Carolina
“Excellent restaurant in Augusta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is a hidden gem in Augusta....a little off the beaten path and not much to look at from the outside. However, the food is delicious. Absolutely try the crab cake appetizer! Good wine & service too.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unexpected Upscale Dining in Augusta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Came back to my old favorite restaurant after a decade, and it was even BETTER than I remember! Augusta was the first city I lived in as a professional (I'm originally from the great city of Chicago). This is back in 1988. And I remember how good Cadwalladers Cafe was back then, and it's still kicking after all these years, and still wonderful! The service is fantastic, with young but very professional and friendly waiters. But it's still ALL about the food, and the food is oh so yummy. My colleague had the Lamb Chop appetizer, and it was tender and yummy. I had their beef special, and it was so tender that a knife was unnecessary. The best was their dessert, and paired it with a dessert wine. Overall, it's still the best place in Augusta, but I haven't yet tried Frog Hollow Tavern which is next on my list. Cadwalladers still rocks!

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Mix feelings!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My first time here was amazing. The appetizer, main course and the dessert were wonderful. I was so happy that I repeat the visit but the experience wasn’t that great. Everything was just average. The quality of the crab cake went down the main course and the dessert were just good. The place is pretty expensive I don’t know if I will give it a third try for now. I would love to give it a better review but I can’t. But the place is not bad at all.

• Visited November 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Delicious food, impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

Went to this restaurant after finding it on Trip Advisor, even though we are Augusta residents, we had never heard of it and decided to give it a try.
We tried the lamb and tzatziki, crab cakes, filet mignon, risotto , and finally, an ice cream pastry. I can honestly say, all were excellent.

The service was incredible, the waiter was even able to describe the region in France that our wine was from.

It was quiet, and tastefully decorated, definitely a hidden gem in Augusta. Not a good pick if you are on a budget though.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Augusta, Georgia
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

We came here on a recommendation from friends and to say we were NOT disappointed would be an understatement. The food and service was 'perfect'. I had the crab cakes to start with then the guinea fowl for a main course followed by cheese an crackers... all interspersed with made to order cocktails and good quality red wine. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to escape the chain restaurant bland food and poor service to enjoy a nice relaxing evening with excellent food and service.

• Visited April 2011