“Nice place to have a quiet relaxing dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 6 Bakeries in Athens
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch
Description: A local family owned and operated restaurant two blocks out of downtown Athens serving affordable but high quality ingredients utilizing locally farmed produce and meats. All breads and pastries made in-house daily. Fabulous outdoor seating on an expansive courtyard. Welcoming to families with young children.
Sugar Loaf, New York
“Nice place to have a quiet relaxing dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The menu is prepared daily and the food is excellent and the prices are great. Soft music in the background is nice. I enjoy having dinner here at the end of a stressful day.

Visited December 2012

Athens, Georgia
“Relaxing Meal and Great Bakery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went here for dinner and were impressed. The menu is not huge but there are interesting dishes that will suit everyone's taste. The food and service were good. The restaurant has a nice patio to sit on if it is a nice day. The bakery is outstanding. They have a variety of breads and baked goods any of which can be ordered for eating in house or taken to go. Big City Bread also serves breakfast which I would also recommend. They have a variety of breakfast baked goods as well as breakfast sandwiches served on their own rolls/biscuits.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“second visit, 3.5”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Well, This visit is somewhat better than my last. The food's good here, just nothing to shock my senses. $20+ for 2 for breakfast seems a bit high. Enjoyed their special omelet of the day and their quiche. Like to be able to drink lots of coffee. If I go out for breakfast, I want it to either be cheap or something I don't make at home. Big City Bread is not wowing me either way.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“Best Burgers in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went to Big City Bread with my daughter. They had some of the best burgers I have ever eaten. I think they put Bree cheese in the burger. It was outstanding. We will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Georgia
“Best biscuits, great atmosphere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I'll be honest - the main courses are neither cheap nor impressive. But I will say, THIS is where I go for a biscuit with raspberry jam. I've had a few other things here, but at the end of the day, my personal history with Big City Bread is this: the biscuits are the legacy. They have a pretty decent menu and breakfast, but I'm not the person who's going to wait in the long line the morning after the football game. I'd recommend Big City as a rendezvous point with friends (BISCUITS WITH JAM) in the morning (lovely outdoor seating and lights)... but I'll say it one last time: it's the biscuits, y'all.

• Visited September 2012