“Oustanding service and a wonderful room.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Athens
monroe
“Oustanding service and a wonderful room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

The customer service here is wonderful. They go out of their way to make sure you are happy. The room was very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Danielsville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Our stay was wonderful and we hope to return soon. The staff was very gracious and helpful, and the Continental breakfast was awesome! Very clean rooms, nice pool, and fitness room. I look forward to coming back again! You (Holiday Inn) will be highly recommended to all our friends.

-Ed B.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed here to take a child to classes at UGA. The hotel is under construction/renovation. Room was small for its double beds. The bathroom even tinier and not so clean. Beds seemed old and uncomfortable but linens were new. Staff was very nice and breakfast so-so. Overall, I would look at competitors given the cost.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I do not know where to begin.

It's almost as if , the staff at this particular hotel were all hand picked from 5 star hotels.
Every time I stay here, everyone from the front desk to security, go out of their way to not only accommodate me, but to present the hotel in a warm and pleasant manor.
Those of you who business travel, know how dismissive and detached hotel staff can be.

Sometimes I can be a little demanding because of time sensitive deadlines that I have, to complete my end of a project, and through all of that, the crew at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens Georgia provide service with a smile, and a genuine interest in finding solutions to my needs and special requests. I really appreciate that. In particular, this time it was Joseph and Justin. whilst they were setting up the lobby and breakfast for the start of the day, I was rushing out to meet a business associate. These 2 stopped what they were doing to make sure I had eaten, offering me a to go bag and a cup of fresh coffee. I am sure you can imagine starting a business day like that.

Thank you again Holiday Inn Express. Your the Best of the best !

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Toscana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

Two years ago we chosed this hotel for the location, and we found a great friendship ; so, this year, going back to Athens, Ga, without thinking about, we immediately booked for Holiday Inn Express.
We just spent two weeks at this hotel, and I DO wish to say to people who will go to Athens, Ga, how it's perfect there.
- The cleanness ? Impossible to find better (bath, room, etc..)
- The friendship and helpfulness ? The BEST (from the Director to the girls helping for breakfast, passing by the front desk's team)
- The rooms ? Like last time, our room was very spacious ; it had a king size bed (where we slept "divinely"), desk, large TV, fridge, micro-wave oven, etc........(and a LOT of towels, not like in some others hotels where we have stayed)
- The location : Two blocks from downtown (five minutes walking)

I was forgetting to say that a "laaaarge" and "gooood " breakfast is included in the price.

So, I'm really sure that you may choose this hotel, and will not regret it.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

This is definitely not your newer, box-style Holiday Inn Express. The property isn't in bad shape, but it's not in great shape. I had a king room, and with the desk and couch there still was room to move around. The fridge and microwave were nice touches, too. My biggest recommendation: get a room away from the elevators. The night we stayed, there were middle school band members running around until past midnight (so much for chaperons!), and every time the elevator stopped on any floor, it dings. I was too close to the elevator and heard it all day and all night. The staff is great, and I would stay here again, though I will look at other options.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
denver CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

I will never stay at a holiday inn ever again in my life. Hotel charged me for 3 nights when I reserved it for two nights. Charged 189 a night when I was told it would be 149. It was a big football game weekend and because the hotel was rowdy with teens and families staying for the game we were some of the unlucky ones that got kicked out because our floor was two noisy and when they knocked on our door to kick us out we were sleeping. It was completely ridiculous. The cops came and were on our side but the hotel staff were unbelievably rude and wouldn't give us the time of day. When we went to the lobby to ask why we were getting kicked out the guy at the front desk said he wasn't able to tell us and rolled his eyes and wouldnt respond to us. I was so furious that the cop just said it would be best for us to leave and wait till a manager was on duty because clearly there staff was horrible. They kicked us out at 2 in the morning and we were stranded and left to get another hotel. The worst part is is that they never refunded the other nights stay and refused to give us a receipt for what we paid for. Had to end up going to the bank and charging them for fraud for one of the nights they charged my credit card without authorizing it. This hotel does not care one bit about their guest and only want to get money out of people. Turns out they booked our room that we were kicked out of the next nights and paid for to other guest which is illegal and now there is a lawsuit. What this hotel did was kick people out because they were booked and wanted to make money on a busy weekend. I would never recommend this hotel and how bad the whole experience was I will never stay at any holiday inn again. Do not come here in less you enjoy rude staff and being cheated out of your money

• Stayed November 2009

Been to Holiday Inn Express Athens? Share your experiences!