“Move to Athens, GA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Athens

You added BEST WESTERN Athens to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Athens
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   170 North Milledge Ave., Corner of Broad St. and Milledge Ave., Athens, GA 30601-3802   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Athens
Athens, Georgia
“Move to Athens, GA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at this Best Western several times and I have not been disappointed. I have been assisted and help with all my needs by Tripp, Julian, and Ernesto. All three have been professional and very accommodating. I experience a very satisfying rest and would say the beds that I have sleep on while at the Best Western are exceptional. I would recommend this hotel to any one visiting me in Athens, GA.

Room Tip: I chose a room on the first floor, but my suggestion is to select a room that meets your criteria an...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing Luther R! It was a pleasure having you stay with us. The members of our staff that you mentioned take great pride in giving service that is above and beyond the normal call of duty- I will be sure to share your review with them. Congratulations on finding a house right outside of town, and I know that you and your wife will enjoy Athens. Let us know if you ever need anything! 706-546-7311.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Right when I checked in, I was impressed by how friendly the employee at the main desk was. It's a small thing, but I think it makes a big difference when staff members make conversation with you and it doesn't seem forced. The room looked exactly like it did in the pictures online. One thing I liked is that they didn't have those nasty comforters that many budget hotels have...you know, ugly floral print, probably never get washed...Instead, you get a sheet and sort of a thicker sheet/comforter thing on top, so everything is clean. The beds were comfortable. The complimentary shampoo/conditioner was Pantene, not generic stuff (matters if you forgot to bring your own!). There was also a makeup remover towelette (another thing I had forgotten, and I was in town for a wedding).
In short, it was everything a budget hotel should be, and for that I gave it 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014
11045, Owner at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Glad to hear your comments deiphobe! I will be sure to share your survey with the desk clerk that checked you in and the rest of my staff. Being friendly is something that I believe is obviously important not only in our industry but in everyday life in general. Hiring employees that are well-rounded is what we do. Pleased to hear that an online site brought you to us, and that the room exceeded your expectations once you all arrived. If there is anything we can help you with, please give us a call! 706-546-7311.
Commerce, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

For my stay here I had a good experience with the staff, the room was well kept, and it was a problem free stay. I've stayed at a few other hotels around town but this is definitely a good value for good service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us James H! I will be sure to share your experience with the rest of my team and thank them for going beyond the normal call of duty. As you said in your post we are an accommodation that you consider to be a good value within our market. This is my favorite comment from guests because we work hard on a daily basis to offer a clean and comfortable environment that is affordable to a large sector of the population. Any questions, please feel free to drop us a line! 706-546-7311
greenwood, sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for one night while attending the music festival Athfest. Staff was helpful. Room was clean. All the rooms have outdoor entry, but we were on the second floor so I didn't mind it. The desk chair was very large and wouldn't go under the desk so it was hard to walk around the bed. Minor thing really for an reasonably priced room. The breakfast was basic, but lots to choose from. We would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
11045, Owner at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing bellaveggirl! Athfest is always a huge hit in town and draws quite a crowd. I hope you and your friends enjoyed the festivities. As you mentioned we are a reasonably priced option within the Athens market- this is something we take great pride in. Thank you contributing to our page, and we will see you in the future! Call if you need anything! 706-546-7311.
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Found this downtown hotel close to the university. Just what I needed. Big music event that weekend and hotel was full, but staff very responsive and friendly. Only stayed one night but quality of room was great! My accolade goes out to the hospitality of the lady on the night staff. Just that morning I had purchased a new car and she let me park it where she could keep an eye on it for me all night. I got to sleep instead of worry all night. She's a saint in my book! Great location if you want downtown, great room and price, fast check in and out. Absolutely no complaints and would stay here without hesitation if I pass through Athens again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Sunnysearch2014! Athfest weekend is always a big hit and draws a huge crowd. The lady you are referring to is Kim, and I will be sure to share your review with her. I hope you are enjoying your new car, and am glad that she was able to make you comfortable during your stay. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in Athens! Call us if you need anything! 706-546-7311.
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I came to Athens to help my son find a house to purchase prior to his relocating in August. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant and informative upon our arrival. The internet wifi was not very strong and frequently dropped reception. There were lots of construction groups there and the noise level was elevated late into the evening. There was no place to sit outside other than the pool area which seemed to be locked the entire time we were there. It would have been nice to sit on the balcony in the evening. the room was clean and comfortable. there was not a lot of space to sit at the desk to work and move around the room but we managed. Overall, the stay was very nice and close to campus. I would recommend staying if your looking for a decent place for a decent price. Also, the breakfast choices were excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
11045, Owner at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience kathyg1552014! I hope you and your son had luck finding a house for him to live in for the school year coming up. Julian was the gentleman that assisted you when checking in- I will be sure to share your review with him. We strive everyday to satisfy customers like yourself by being a clean and comfortable option that is also affordable! Call us direct should you ever need anything 706-546-7311! Have a nice summer!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The staff, from check-in to check-out , was most professional, kind and coureous. They never seemed too busy and gave me their undivided attention. For this I am most grateful. I am acquainted with Manager, Liz Moore. She has recruited a top-notched staff which serves the Best Western corporate motel industry well. I thin this location should receive national recognition. Best Western Athens is my only consideration when staying in Athens, Georgia. I applaud their future explansion plans. This creatibe renovation will enhance the property. Sincerely submitted, The Revs. Steve and Mary Ruth Davidson

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience Steve! It was a pleasure having you again at our property for the annual Methodist conference. Glad to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us, and I hope you and Mary Ruth got to enjoy some of Athens outside of the conference. Look forward to seeing you again soon! If there is anything you need, give us a call! 706-546-7311.

Been to BEST WESTERN Athens? Share your experiences!