“Excellent stay and great value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Athens

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Athens to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Athens
170 North Milledge Ave., Corner of Broad St. and Milledge Ave., Athens, GA 30601-3802   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Athens
“Excellent stay and great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my short stay here. The staff were helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help when I had a self inflicted problem . The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable . A five to ten minute walk to downtown . I would recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in Athens and at a cheap price it offers excellent value for money

• Stayed September 2013
11045, Owner at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Andy P! Clean and comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate is what we strive to offer our guests. Providing this option, is in our opinion, one of the most cost effective alternatives in Athens. Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and we hope to see you on your next visit! 706-546-7311.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gaffney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This best western has a great location or anyone making a visit to athen.It is located next to restaurants and conv.store you are walking distance to downtown and university of Georgia. This property is well maintained .the rooms are great The breakfast has a good selection with great coffee When you stay at least 3 nights a week in motels you look for a place like this well maintained clean quiet and priced right the staff is well trained so no problem with checking in this motel is on top of my list when going to Athens Georgia.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

11045, Owner at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We appreciate your review Dennis B! We too feel that our location is a great plus for guests, as we are central to most everything in town. Thank you for being a customer over the years, and let us know should you ever need anything. 706-546-7311.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stay here almost every time we are in Athens unless staying with friends else where and we are always treated like family, the rooms are always spotless and from year to year it is obvious the owners are reinvesting in the property by upgrades. NEVER a bad experience and always our first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for the review Teri C, it has been a pleasure to have you over the years, Like you mentioned, we are constantly trying to upgrade and maintain our property on a daily basis- all in an effort to give our customers a satisfying experience. Hope you are having a great football season, and we will see you soon! 706-546-7311.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

FORGET THIS PLACE...unless you want a reasonably priced, clean, convenient overnight stay with a good breakfast. Nothing to brag about, but nothing to complain about either. Just what we needed. We were there on a non-football weekend and were pleased in every way. We walked over to the "Why is this place so famous?" restaurant and were a bit disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Love the review ForgetThisPlace. I actually had to do a double take upon reading your opening phrase! It thrills me to hear you enjoyed your stay, and mention the words "reasonable and clean" in your comment. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Have a great day! 706-546-7311.
Deland Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Good area to be if you want to party with the Bull Dogs,located just down the street from down town where all the pubs, like I said, party time, place comes alive when football game is there.book early, good rooms, walking distance to bars, food, service was good,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Glad you enjoyed staying with us scootert2. You are exactly right, with football season now in full swing, Athens certainly does come alive- especially on Football Saturdays! Having the downtown district minutes away, like you mentioned, is a huge plus for our customers. We appreciate your review, and hope to see you again. Call us should you need anything. 706-546-7311 -Tripp Moore
Montgomery, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have been in the hospitality industry for over 20 years and worked every position from property manager, corporate auditor, to travel agent and was discussed with the runaround I received from this property. I booked the property when I first got the news that my college team would be playing in Athens. I booked rooms for my self and my tailgate group (7 rooms) 10 months prior. As the August date approached my group canceled and dropped off for several reason, so I informed the hotel several weeks prior to change my reservations from 7 rooms to 1 so the other 6 rooms could be put back into inventory and sold (and at a higher rate). Upon arrival I was upset to hear my reservation had been canceled mot because of an error but because an hour before at 9pm because my credit card expiration date had expired in the 10 months since the reservation had been made. I was not aware of this and it was not mentioned to me when I canceled the other reservations. I explained the reason I was late due to a multiple car wreck on the road to the hotel which delayed my arrival. I asked if they still has rooms available and was told they did and I saw several people walk in and rent rooms (without reservations) while I waited in line for service. The room I was offered was twice my original booking price and I had to stay a minimum of two nights. I asked if an exception could be made since I had dealt with this property in good faith a booking and canceling the extra rooms as soon as I knew my friends would not be using them. The clerk Hunter was professional but he could not make that exception. So I asked for him to call his manager. I explained that not only that I worked for Auto Club South as a training manager and ACS’s preferred hotel chain is Best Western but I am also a BW Gold Crown member with 99 BW hotel nights in the past 4 years. The assistant manager Kara instructed the clerk to turn me away. As you can tell this property has little value for its customers beyond how much money it can make off of them. I am only making this review at this time because I feared reprisal from my job for putting in a public negative review on our preferred hotel chain but now I have changed employers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
EagleMapper-
I am very puzzled upon reading your review. When did you actually stay with us? You mentioned names of employees that have not been here in over 2+ years! Your review just doesn't reflect our current property. Since you have stayed (however long ago), we have changed management, done major renovations, changed policies, etc. To give us a poor rating on our TripAdvisor page at such a later date, just confuses me. I truly feel that you cannot accurately review our property based on your stay that was in the distant past. If you feel led to, please contact me directly at 706-546-7311. My name is Tripp, and I would love to talk with you personally about your stay.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived late and had no problems checking in. The room was clean and well appointed. During our 2 day stay we encountered not problems. Have stayed here in the past as my daughter and her family live here. They have upgraded the rooms since our last visit in 2012 and have done a great job. This is my go to choice, reasonably priced, clean and in a central location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your contribution! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and pleased to hear that you like our latest upgrades. We hope that you had fun on your visit to Athens, while celebrating your grandson's 1st birthday! Hope to see you again! 706-546-7311.

Been to BEST WESTERN Athens? Share your experiences!