“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Athens

You added BEST WESTERN Athens to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Athens
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   170 North Milledge Ave., Corner of Broad St. and Milledge Ave., Athens, GA 30601-3802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Martin, Tennessee, United States
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Clean rooms, comfortable bed, helpful staff. Even had a jacuzzi in the room. Even with high school band students staying in the motel, no problem with noise. Breakfast could have offered a little more variety but with the reasonable room rates, I wasn't unhappy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks for your contribution Sheryl B. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and are glad to hear the students were quiet. We have actually had good comments from other guests about their behavior. Again, glad we could serve you, and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

First time at this location
Athens is anice up beat area
Friendly staff.
Room is good
Price is very reasonable
Bed was the most comfortable bed I've been in so far
I will difinetly be back
The room was fairly quiet for being in the middle of the city and on Main rd.
the breakfast was good. Typical hotel breakfast. Clean and organized

• Stayed January 2013
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
We appreciate your response, and are glad that you liked our beds! They are fairly new, so it is great to hear positive comments about them! The review you shared mentioned three key components we strive to offer at our hotel- affordable, clean, and comfortable rooms. We're glad we were able to serve you, and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Athens.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here a couple times recently and each time it's been very clean, especially in the places that count like the bathroom/sink area and the bed. The other furniture and various decor is definitely old and outdated but for the price who cares? Location is a bit further from Dtwon but still walk-able or a very short drive. Only negative I'd say is the maid was a bit over zealousness knocking on the door just after 9AM. This BW focus es on hotel fundamentals; comfy bed and cleanliness and not much else. An excellent place to crash and a good value!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumming, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We attend a conference in Athens each June and always stay here. Clean rooms, very professional and friendly staff. The week we are there all of the hotels in Athens are filled with our conference so they could slack off on the service, but they do not. A good price and a consistent level of quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
11045, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We appreciate your response, and are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Athens! Happy new year!
Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a weekend trip to Athens. The first thing I noticed is how quick it took to check in. The hotel staff is very friendly. I expected it to be a cheap room considering the price I paid. When I walked in to my room, I was very pleasantly surprised at how clean it looked and smelled. After checking into other hotels, and inspecting the beds, sheets, towels,etc.. 99.9% of the time I had to ask for fresh linens. This is the first time that I did not have to! The sheets were extremely clean, the beds were perfectly made, the bathroom was very clean. The room also has a big flat screen tv which was also great. The beds were so comfy that I didn't want to leave.The complimentary breakfast is decent. I spoke to an older gentleman who told me that every time he visits Athens, that he only stays at this hotel, which is a good sign. I plan to return to Athens, and from now on I will be staying only at this hotel, too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were on a bit of a road trip, didn't know Athens and arrived without any booking. Stayed one night during October 12. Great, no problems, nice clean room, decent location, excellent value for money, 'did exactly what it said on the tin'. Smashing lady on reception - thanks Liz.

If you're drifting around this parts of the States, Athens was a good night out and this was an ideal place to stay. Definitely recommended at the price we paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Recently my son had an accident and I had to stay in Athens near the hospital. I found Best Western Athens to be simply wonderful. They found me a room and I stayed over a week. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff were friendly, caring, and professional. The manager went out of her way to accomodate my needs. I highly recommend Best Western Athens to anyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family