“The staff is not nice!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save up to 25% Book Early
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bonaire, Georgia
“The staff is not nice!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

The staff here is so rude. I stayed here eariler this week. I am a HH Diamond member. I have never been treated like this at any other Hilton property.

I have stayed at the hotel several times. This is the first time I have had a problem. The staff looked and acted if they were new hires. They need to be trained.

When I checked in the front desk girl some how ran my card several times. My credit card company called to say that seemed to be some strange charges in my card. My credit card company declined the charges because the card had been run so many times. I talked with my credit card company and they took care of it. I went down to the front desk to tell them I had talked to my credit card company and I accepted the charges for my room only. They people at the front desk kept saying your card is declined. One of the girls finally looked at my account and saw the room had been paid for. She was also the person that said the person who checked me in was the person that ran the card multiple times.

I was treated like someone who was trying to skip out on my bill. I will not stay here again!!!!

The beds are terrible. I could not sleep well at all.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bonita Springs, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have been living in Australia for 11 years, so I have to ask the question, do American hotels no longer have mini bars? And when you book a Hilton, don't you expect to have a valet service, especially when you have to pay to park. I mean, I already payed for the hotel, and then you charge me to park, drop off my bags, and then re-park??? Room is ok, but, I called at 11 for a glass of wine, since there is nothing in the fridge except water. Anyway, I would say that this would be the equivalent of a Days Inn or a Red Roof... really pissed off that there is no mini bar, and am wondering if that still exists in America???? I asked the concierge where to go to listen to music and she just ended up confused. Anyway, would compare this to a bad Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while in town for a football game. While the game was not so good for us, our stay was excellent. This hotel is in an excellent location, close to bars, restaurants and UGA's campus. The hotel room was clean and spacious. I called the front desk to find the nearest liquor store and they were extremely helpful, even giving me walking directions. We had free breakfast every morning with our Hilton Diamond status... it was delicious and had lots of variety. We will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Albany, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Overall Impression: This hotel is located in the heart of downtown. Conveniently located near UGA, restaurants and shopping. Stayed here while my son attended classes at UGA.

With my Hilton Honors Diamond status, I received HH points and bottled water. I also received a free full breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

PROs:
- Great downtown location
-Close to shopping and restaurants. Most within walking distance.
-Breakfast and Lunch are great.
-Rooms are very clean
-Refrigerator/microwave in the room
-Customer service

CONs:
-Hotel gets crowded and noisy on UGA game weekends and when they host youth conferences.
-$9.95 Self Parking Fee

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton for one night while we brought son to Uof G. Very nice and clean hotel, convenient to resstaurants in the downtown area and U of G. One issue was the fee for overnight parking, $10 a night, not unreasonable but still don't think for a small city like Athens they should be charging. Breakfast at the hotel was pricy but cooked to order, very very good! rooms were very nice also.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our stay at The Hilton Garden Inn, Downtown Athens was wonderful! The room was amazing and the staff was very friendly. My friends and I will most definitely be back for another stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The HGI in Athens has a fantastic location just blocks from the beautiful UGA campus. The hotel is clean and well maintained, but is not particularly special. The service was fine. Not sure you could do much better in the area.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown? Share your experiences!