“Valentine's Day Disaster” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Athens, Georgia
“Valentine's Day Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I went to East West for Valentine's Day. I couldn't get a reservation at our favorite restaurants in town and settled for East West. When we arrived the hostess had trouble finding our reservation. When we were finally seated it took quite some time for our waitress to come by. She was nice enough but seemed to be overwhelmed. We tried ordering several bottles of wine but each time she kept coming back saying they were out. I asked her what they did have and what she would recommend and she said, "I'm just really not sure what any of that wine stuff is." We ordered beer.
The menu was pre fixe....and the food was fine. Would have liked to have known that when I made the reservation. Courses came out very slow and our service was friendly but not very professional.
We heard that there is new ownership and while East West has never been my favorite spot there has been a noticeable change in service, atmosphere, and professionalism in the last 3-4 months. I will be permanently crossing this place off my list.

Raleigh, NC
“College Town Restaurant with Flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

In the heart of Broad Street is the East West Bistro. This restaurant offers many selections of Tapas, salads, burgers and entrees.

I had shrimp and pasta that was mixed with different spices and vegetables. The dish uses fettuccine noodles and topped with parmesan cheese. It was very good and is filling.

My wife's and daughter's salmon was delicious, though the portions were small. It was prepared perfectly. It comes with mash potatoes and a few green beans.

I think it is a restaurant that college students take their parents are visiting.

Visited February 2014
“Nice potential...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A friendly service, sometimes a little unexperienced, but full of good intentions.
A nice wine list; yet, not all listed was available (even the wines served by the glass).
Carefully prepared dishes, but slightly over-seasoned and not all well balanced. Good try with potential, but the chef needs to further refine his dishes.

Dublin, Georgia
“Must be Picking Back Up.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We ate here 2 nights ago( without reading tripadvisor reviews, shame on me) and were very pleased. The place was packed and we were told to expect 40 min. wait but were seated in around 20 mins. Our waiter was great and the food was very good. Only later did I see several bad reviews, hopefully problems have been fixed. We would recommend this place and I'm sure we will try it agin when in Athens.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Georgia
“Used to be great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

East West was great last two times I went about 6 months and a year ago, but this week was the last time I'll ever go. The person I was with said he heard that a new owner had run off their great chef and all of the kitchen staff plus most of the wait staff which was evident as I think our waitress was not dressed appropriately nor did she really know how to do the job. We waited 25 minutes for drinks and food was cold even though it'd been 45 minutes since we ordered. You could tell the food was not well cooked and we didn't even eat the appetizer. I hate to see such a good place go downhill so fast but what can you do.

• Visited December 2013