“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Augusta, Georgia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

I was there for a Sunday brunch and everything I had was excellent. The place was lovely designed, waiters were very helpful and the taste was just wonderful.

winterville
“My favorite Athens Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

On our last visit, we each ordered the Price Fixe menu item. Mine was Catfish; hers was cod. The first second and third courses were each excellent...served hot and with outstanding service. For this special menu get there early...the prices are also modest, without a compromise in the menu or service.

Farmhand

SavMichael
“Elegant food in casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

Five and Ten is one of those restaurants you go to when you want to treat yourself. I have been there on a number of special occasions (anniversary, graduation, etc.) I always try to go for the Prix Fixe menu, which is available before 6:30. You can get a three course meal for about $24.00. It's a fun way to try out food you normally wouldn't order.

Every time I have gone, I have had a great experience. The restaurant itself is rather small and that adds to the atmosphere.

Weaverville, North Carolina
“2nd time...still impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2007

Great service without being obnoxious. Interesting specials and good but not weird taste combinations. Our only complaint this time was that while our apps seemed to need a tad of salt our salad dressing was overly salty. Otherwise everything well above par from the crispy crusted sourdough-y bread to the wine selection.

Athens, GA
“but...but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

I have lived in Athens for 40 years and don't understand the hype about Five and Ten. My first complaint is the tables are just a bit too wide for comfortable conversation. You have to lean in and raise your voice to speak intimately with your fellow diners--not a pleasant situtation. Over the years, I have eaten there only five times. Three of the five I did not like my entree. The other two were uncomfortable because of the noise level--see above.

They do have the best (and probably only) grappa selection in town.