“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Brunch & lunch here are fabulous! Dinner is a bit limited/pricey but still really good. I love their jalapeño honey mustard dressing!

Athens, Georgia
“Great environment, outstanding food, exception price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've lived in Athens for a while now and by now I think I've ate at just about every restaurant in town. There are tons of great spots in this town but when I want great food at a great price, and don't mind waiting in line (because this place always has a wait), I choose Last Resort.

I've never ordered something I haven't liked at this restaurant. And so long as you stay away from the specials that range anywhere from $25-$30, and just order off the menu $15-$20. You can typically have dinner for two at round $50. Not bad considering the quality of food at this place.

Highly recommended, its my favorite dinner spot.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Savannah, GA
“Our favorite restaurant in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

There's a lot of good food in Athens so to say this is our favorite is something! My daughter, who is a student at UGA, and I love the fresh hummus and pita bread. We order a different entree every time we go so we can experience everything this restaurant has to offer. And of course there are the desserts! The display case at the entrance lets you know you better save room. They make their own cakes and they are worth every calorie! The slices are plenty big enough to share. We've only been there for lunch and it's busy but we've never had to wait too long to be seated. Lunch prices are decent. Dinner prices seem a little high.

• Visited August 2012
Charleston, SC
“Eclectic offerings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My daughter and I ate here on a Tuesday evening. It was busy so I imagine there is a wait on the week-end. We started with the potato onion pancake. It was enough to share and we asked for the goat cheese on the side, as she loves it and I do not. It was a bit greasy but that could have been from the bacon vinaigrette. There was just enough tomato jam to give it a sweet tang and a whole lot of onions.

The bread was good, the kind that is crusty and chewy. I would have preferred the butter served room temp and not cold as it was hard to spread on the bread, plus we were using steak knives instead of regular dinner knives. As an aside I would have preferred all new cutlery after the appetizer but I did not ask for it. I do think it would be a nice touch for this restaurant to do, though.

I had the sweet potato gnocchi which were good. They were slightly sweet but had a bit of salt on them. The bowl was rimmed with brown sugar if you wanted a more sweet taste. I could not discern any browned butter, at least not what I am used to from my mother. There were fried greens on top and I do not know if this was the sage mentioned in the menu because it did not taste like the sage you get as a seasoning. It was more like a chard to me.

My daughter got the Last Resort Praline which is a chicken dish. Chicken breast stuffed with a creamy white ricotta-like cheese topped with a sweet walnut sauce and served with a very small dollop of grits and green beans. To me a praline would consist of pecans and sugar but she enjoyed it.

For dessert we split a piece of caramel cake. While the cake was moist and dense but plain in taste, the frosting was definitely powder sugar based, not the caramel one would expect. We enjoyed it but it was not caramelly tasting.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Really enjoyed our date at Last Resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I had great time at Last Resort. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was perfect for a date night. The menu had a little bit for everyone with some unique offerings. I had the Last Resort chicken and I highly recommend it. If you order the chicken and do not like it then you do not like chicken. We will go back next time we are in Athens.

• Visited October 2012