“Sand in the Sauteed Greens” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Sand in the Sauteed Greens”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

There is really no excuse for this - there was sand in the sauteed greens I got with the pork belly. As a teen I once prepped salads and could tell this was unwashed. I was unwilling to leave my seat to bring this to my waiter's attention, and by the time she showed up again I was well finished eating. After the check was paid she offered free dessert to go, I assume after they took the time to examine the greens I left on my plate. I also found the menu choices limited and the portions small. My wife's steak was excellent.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, GA
“Wonderful food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Went with my daughter to Last Resort - we had always wanted to go, but the line was always backed out the door! Finally had a chance to get in one night, and it was well worth the wait - the food was absolutely delicious, and the service impeccable!

Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“You can taste the fresh ingredients...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The food is prepared with care to reflect fresh ingredients and you can tell fe the first bite! I had ribbon pasta with shrimp and salmon, tossed with wilted greens and Dijon mustard sauce, it was excellent! Not impressed with fried green tomatoes and took a bit long to get the check, but otherwise I'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Piedmont, South Carolina, United States
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

On a recent trip to Athens we tried this place based on the many favorable recommendations. We had wonderful service and our salad and entrees were amazing! I highly recommend the Chicken in Parchment, Chicken Praline and Salmon and grits. Our ages ranged from 3 to 40 and everyone cleaned their plates. We would return in a heartbeat!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“awful service and relies on reputation, but good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have been to last resort many times as a student at Uga. Everyone says it is the best restaurant in Athens and at one time, I'm sure it was. In my opinion, they are resting on this reputation. The service is horrible. The waitstaff looks stressed out and it took 15 minutes just to get menus. Also when we finally got our food half our table got there's and were almost done by the time the others got theres. The waitress used the excuse "sorry these dishes take longer." Are they kidding? To be a number one restaurant that has a wait time of over an hour, you better be firing your dishes to get them out at the same time.

They do have some great items on the menu, but nothing that beats other great restaurants in Athens and is worth awful service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere