“Good, not great.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Athens, Georgia
“Good, not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is one of the places that everyone raved about when I first got to Athens and I have eaten here three times now. I have to admit that I like this place, especially with respect to many other Athens eateries. The prices are reasonable, the food is good, and the atmosphere is nice. However, this place definitely doesn't go on my list of fine restaurants serving spectacular dishes. In my opinion, most of the dishes are kind of generic and could just as easily be prepared at home. It's only because everyone in Athens seems to think that this is some kind of foodie paradise that I am rating it a 4, because if you go in expecting something unique and outstanding you will be left disappointed - at least in my opinion. And, as a general rule, this is my opinion of almost all restaurants in Athens - they don't live up to the hype that this town builds.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Georgia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My girlfriends and I eat at Last Resort Grill every month or so and we absolutely love the food. It is a fun place for lunch and dinner.
The food selection is different than most restaurants. Enjoy!

Visited March 2012
Athens, Georgia
“Our favorite place in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We love this place! The food has never been a disappointment - always really good and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is great too. I would always recommend a meal here.

Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“Best Restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The Last Resort Bar and Grill located in downtown Athens on Clayton Street offers a full service bar, excellent wine list, and outstanding cuisine. My family loves to go there every time we get a chance to be in town. The Last Resort is the most popular restaurant in Athens! Reservations are not available, so you need to get there early or be prepared to wait. They recentely updated the menu but still kept their signature dishes.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moultrie, GA
“Good standby by meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We normally eat at the Last Resort during our trips to Athens. The LR does not take reservations but you can call ahead and let them know what time you will be there and they will write your name on a list - maybe a semi-reservation. Upon arrival, we were told the wait would be 75 minutes but it was only about 40 minutes so not too bad. We expect a wait each time.

Once seated the waitress was attentive and our wait for the food was not too long and between courses was appropriate.

Each of us had a salad and an entree; overall food was good.They have a decent wine menu - much of it at reasonable prices.

The atmosphere is nice. The LR is not a place to go for a quiet dinner as tables are close together and the noise level can can be high.

• Visited March 2012