“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Parking is limited so get there early. The atmosphere and service were both good. The food was mostly heavy fried and highly salted so not my favorite. Also surprised that there was no draft beer available in a bar.

• Visited August 2013

Athens, Georgia
“Great shrimp/hushpuppies, needs some work in other areas....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is a great addition to 5 points -- from run-down fraternity house to cute seafood place. My husband & I really love their friend shrimp, hushpuppies, and macaroni and cheese. I had their burger one time also and the fries, & I'd say those were average. The atmosphere is well-done but small, & I agree with other reviewers that they need new menus, both for visual appeal and sanitary reasons. My other negative is the seating. Except for a few tables in the dining room part, all seating is bar stools, including those on the outside deck. Your back gets tired after a bit in these seats, and this is not family-friendly -- can't use a booster seat, and highchairs can't easily reach the tables. Our service the day we went was average. For these reasons, we will continue to go here when we're craving fresh shrimp and yummy homemade hushpuppies, but we will get it to-go, or go at 4 pm so we can be more likely to get the chairs with backs, especially if we want to bring the kids....

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Renovation came first, food & service second”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Was really looking forward to trying Marker 7 after waiting for the initial rush to pass. I'll come back in about six months to see if they've made improvements, but will not return any time soon. The menu is a paper tri-fold brochure, shockingly limited and soiled with grease stains from previous customers. While the renovation is beautiful and the location is ideal, the bar seems like the main draw, which is a shame considering how nice it would be to enjoy great food with great cocktails. My small piece of fish came out on one of those plastic plates I last saw in my high school cafeteria, scratched from previous forks and knives, with a lump of beans next to it. There was more plate than food, which is ridiculous for a $14 entree that doesn't have some sort of elaborate presentation (if you're not going to dress it up, at least deliver it on a smaller plate). One side item was missing and our server blamed "they" instead of apologizing. This person then returned with a lengthy description of how the kitchen works and why it's easy for a side to be overlooked. Great. Can we eat now? Other items came out in metal pans that were equally thin and shabby for the price of the contents. French fries were soggy and cold, a pile that was almost completely flat (REALLY hard to mess up french fries). We heard the server next to us apologize a few times for items that were not delivered on time, items that were forgotten, or the wrong condiments delivered. Somewhat understandable if this were rush, but half the restaurant was empty. What gives? The guests next to us left before us but not before stopping at our table to roll their eyes and declare the the place a dud. I'm not sure food-wise what the chef is trying to accomplish here. The menu comes across as an after-thought, something they're trying to wait out while they pay down the renovation. I'd rather sit in a shack eating great food from mature -- even sassy -- servers than idle on a porch with floppy french fries. PLEASE make some changes in the next six months so I can say something different when I attempt a second chance.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macon, Georgia
“Cute place with Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The place is really cute but the food is just average. The cole slaw had a slightly bitter taste and not enough dressing/moisture to it The breading on the shrimp was nice and they were firm. The catfish was OK and would have appreciate another fish choice other than catfish. A seafood place should have more than one fish. Also, the basket doesn't say that the catfish will be nuggets.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pass on this new place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The location is nice though parking is lacking. The largest party that they can fit inside is 6.

We ordered drinks and that went well, though we had a new person at our table order food and their order came in 10 minutes before ours.

I got the shrimp and catfish basket with huspuppies and fries. The shrimp was good. The catfish was very fishy smelling, the hushpuppies were greasy and almost charred on the outside. The fires were the worst. They were overly seasoned and salted. Almost inedible.

I won't be back.