“Two more votes for Butt Hutt” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Sylva, North Carolina
“Two more votes for Butt Hutt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The barbecue was fine and validated our theory to look for the smoker stack in the back of a barbecue joint. But what stood out for me was the "white" potato salad (with bacon) and the banana pudding -- two dishes that I'm very picky about. My husband and also liked the chicken mull, which was new to us. This tasted like the creamed chicken my mother used to make. We bought extra and brought it home to put on toast.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“BarBQue, but only average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

So many friends have given this high marks, so I was really looking forward to some awesome BBQ. I was disappointed. Flavor was average. Fatty. Sauce just ok. Nothing stood out.

Visited April 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Located on Macon Highway near South Milledge Ave., in Athens GA. Butt Hutt has good food, is a little expensive ($3 sides), and has passable service. Decor is basic, and very dawg oriented. The food itself is quite good. Also a very enjoyable bar with young lady bartenders who pour graciously. Recommend

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brewerton, New York
“Why wasn't this open when we lived there?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hubby and I are from the Syracuse, NY area. We were transferred to Athens, GA in 2004 for his job. Now, we have Dinosaur BBQ here in Syracuse, and as some of you may or may not know..it is the best BBQ we've ever had.
When we moved to Georgia we were hard pressed to find good BBQ.
We moved back to NY in 2008 and visit Athens about every othr year. We were just there this past weekend and everyone told us we must go to Butt Hutt..so we did..both of us had the Brisket..My Lord! Delicious!!
They give you 4 different sauces to try and we used the sweet bbq sauce. The meat was so flavorful as was the sauce.
I would for sure recommend this p[lace to anyone...it's on Macon Highway..not far from 5 points

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
“Best of Athens my Butt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Despite the enchanting name, this place does not deserve the "best of Athens" it received in the recent "Flagpole Guide to Athens." The brisket I got was tough and had lots of fat, okra was mediocre as were the onion rings. Server was very good and attentive. Last week had barbecue from the Barbecue Shack on Lexington Highway which was far superior to the Butt Shack. Enjoyed the name but that was all.

• Visited August 2013