“Great Spot in Athens” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #144 of 343 Restaurants in Athens
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Located in Athens, Georgia, Herschel’s 34 Chicken & Ribs Kitchen offers “A Fresh Approach to Southern Family Favorites” with an incredible line up of shareable starters, a great selection of craft beers, wines, and specialty cocktails, delivered by a friendly team who go the extra yard!
Duluth, Georgia
“Great Spot in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite places to eat in Athens. Great menu. On my last visit I had the Turkey Club and thought it was great. Large beer selection. Service and atmosphere were good.

Visited September 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Good food, but nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The prices were about what you'd expect to pay at a similar chain type restaurant. The menu was about what you'd expect at a similar chain type restaurant. The food at Herschel's Famous was good, but not for a college town that has such a wide variety of eclectic and excellent food choices. OTOH, we are talking about a restaurant with Herschel Walker's name in Athens, GA, so you can't hate on it.

Visited September 2013
Johns Creek, Georgia, USA
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Met my son in Athens for dinner, tried out Herschel's place. Food was mediocre, service ok. could have been my choice (fish and chips).

Visited July 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“terrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

The staff doesn't care about the customers. We were placed in Hershel's Living Room, a crappy place on the second floor. They would not reseat us and we're rude to us in response to our question. Don't bother going here, way too many other great places to eat in Athens. Hershel is famous, his place is certainly not.

Visited October 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Missing Some Menu Items, But enjoyed our Experience Otherwise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My hubby and I came here at about 3 pm on a Sunday afternoon - a beautiful fall day with some enjoyable people-watching on the sidewalks of downtown Athens.
Unfortunately, they were missing a few menu items and we didn't find out until we tried to order said items.
We did enjoy the meals we ended up with. My hubby ordered the rib eye entree, with a side of Old Bay seasoned fries. He was pleased with the entire plate (see photo). I ordered the "Oh You Hershel Walker" Grilled Cheese Sandwich. All sandwiches are served with a side of pub chips that come with a mayo dipping sauce. I added fried dill pickle spears to my meal (see photos) and it was all delicious! I ate the side salad that came with my husbands order and I wouldn't recommend bothering with it as it is just a ho-hum salad.
The service was friendly and attentive.