“Wonderful italian!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
north carolina
“Wonderful italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were lucky enough to snag a reservation on a football weekend. This quaint cozy upstair restaurant offers great wines and delicious entrees. We started with a wonderful appetizer of italian meats, cheese and olives. Great for our large table. We then moved on to salads and our entrees. WE loved the fresh pasta and the yummy veal and chicken dishes. We were too full for dessert but saw a yummy looking tiramisu pass by our table. We'll be back!

• Visited September 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“One of the best restaurants in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

In a city rich in dining options, La Dolce Vita is one of my favorite. I like the small setting of the restaurant as well as the ever changing menu. Everytime I dine here, I thoroughly enjoy my meal.

The last time I went my firend and I shared the Piatta di Salumi. I had the Strozzapretti alla Buttera as an entree and we shared gelato. The wine list is not incredibly extensive, but I enjoyed the wine I drank.

Although not on the menu this time, one of my other favorite appetizers here is the caprese made with roasted beets...AMAZING!!

Amherst, New York, United States
“Great Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The restaurant has lots of homemade pasta. We had lasagna and it was excellent. Enough for two meals. Disappointed that a salad did not come with the meal. They did make a great peach billini.

Visited July 2013
Athens, Georgia
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We LOVE La Dolce Vita. This past Saturday we went and experienced the new chef. The meat and cheese plate is the perfect starter for any meal. There were 3 of us at our table and all of the entrees were outstanding. The best was the special- Taste of the Forest or something like that. It's a creation by the new chef and I must say it was outstanding. Only one of us ordered it, but the other two wished we had. Impeccable food as always. The only knock against this restaurant is that they are closed for lunch. They used to be one of my favorite places to eat lunch and I am still bitter that they took it away and focused on their sister restaurant Etienne, which I find to be lackluster at best.

outside Atlanta, GA
“Almost awesome food, great and attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went this weekend with our daughter after reading about this restaurant on Trip Advisor.

It's a lovely dining room tucked away upstairs on the main street in Athens. As UGA is not in full swing yet we had a table with no issues (though I am sure during school it's super busy).

Our server was Sarah and she was very nice. We ordered an appetizer, bruschetta, and as another reviewer commented, it was scorched and burned. I had the papardelle with pesto (as I didn't want the heavier lamb sauce), my daughter had papardelle alfredo, and my husband had Strozzapretti alla Buttera which is a pasta with italian sausage and mushrooms.

I found all the food to be underseasoned - needed salt badly (and we don't generally salt our food) but there was not a salt shaker to be found. The papardelle was a little thick and the alfredo sauce on my daughter's was very heavy and not completely silky.

We did find out this was the new chef's first week, so we'll give them one more try - but this dinner was nearly $100 and if it's not dialed in next time, we won't be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere