“So good!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Athens, Georgia
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We LOVE La Dolce Vita. This past Saturday we went and experienced the new chef. The meat and cheese plate is the perfect starter for any meal. There were 3 of us at our table and all of the entrees were outstanding. The best was the special- Taste of the Forest or something like that. It's a creation by the new chef and I must say it was outstanding. Only one of us ordered it, but the other two wished we had. Impeccable food as always. The only knock against this restaurant is that they are closed for lunch. They used to be one of my favorite places to eat lunch and I am still bitter that they took it away and focused on their sister restaurant Etienne, which I find to be lackluster at best.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
outside Atlanta, GA
“Almost awesome food, great and attentive service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went this weekend with our daughter after reading about this restaurant on Trip Advisor.

It's a lovely dining room tucked away upstairs on the main street in Athens. As UGA is not in full swing yet we had a table with no issues (though I am sure during school it's super busy).

Our server was Sarah and she was very nice. We ordered an appetizer, bruschetta, and as another reviewer commented, it was scorched and burned. I had the papardelle with pesto (as I didn't want the heavier lamb sauce), my daughter had papardelle alfredo, and my husband had Strozzapretti alla Buttera which is a pasta with italian sausage and mushrooms.

I found all the food to be underseasoned - needed salt badly (and we don't generally salt our food) but there was not a salt shaker to be found. The papardelle was a little thick and the alfredo sauce on my daughter's was very heavy and not completely silky.

We did find out this was the new chef's first week, so we'll give them one more try - but this dinner was nearly $100 and if it's not dialed in next time, we won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Food is just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really want to love the food, because the location, atmosphere and service are fantastic! But the food is just ok. We've dined here 4 times in the past year. The bread on the bruschetta was burned tasting. The pasta is not homemade. The lamb sauce could have been pork as it was in such a strong red wine sauce it was over powered. The sausage ragout was not flavorful. Gelato was good but over priced at $7. Cannoli tasted like sunscreen. Appetizer, glass wine, two beers, two entrees and two desserts was $96 with tip.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“Favorite restaurant in Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Always love the food here. Reminds us of our trips to Italy. The carpaccio is the best I have ever eaten and all the pasta dishes we have tried have been delicious. The staff and management are
friendly and efficient.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Georgia
“Was not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I visited La Dolce Vita on a date night a couple of months ago. We were not impressed by the food at all. My wife's chicken was average. My ravioli was chewy and I could not finish the entree. I think there are many better restaurants in Athens for the price.

• Visited April 2013