“Groovy downtown stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Graduate Athens

You added Graduate Athens to your Saves list
Graduate Athens
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   295 East Dougherty Street, Athens, GA 30601 (Formerly Foundry Park Inn and Spa)   |
Special Offer
Spring Midweek From $109
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Athens
Harvey York Co
“Groovy downtown stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Location is just a few blocks from downtown, staff very friendly, room large and nicely decorated with retro-theme. Minor complaints: paint peeling off bathroom ceiling, some garbage under tv stand, noisy room due to street traffic. Fridge and Kuerig coffee maker were pluses, would have been nice if pastries or something were made available for breakfast. Overall, very good stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We were in town for a UGA college tour and this was recommended by a former graduate. Although not in the heart of downtown Athens (but extremely close), a coffee shop, breakfast, lunch, dinner, wifi, and live show were all available. Uber was very fast and inexpensive ($6) if you don't want to walk or drive to restaurants or bars at night. The rooms were fun (retro) and staff was great. The environment very charming and collegiate.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Mount Juliet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Best decor, location, amenities and the beds were the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel. The grounds are beautiful and the decor/ feel was so much fun. I can't wait to go back! If you stay, be sure to get an iced latte, too. Delicious!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Four retired friends found the neatest accommodations ever in a town I have visited all of my life! Two of us were graduates, literally, one had some classes there and one transplant from Alabama, who was educated in Mississippi, needed to stomp down memory lane and make new sites as well. This made the perfect little bedroom for us. From the creative decorating scheme to the ID key cards and I can't forget the best staff in the registration process, these "old" ladies who wished they were still coeds were impressed. Never mind that wishing part, it was finals weeks and it looks like this hotel gives back to the community with their spacious coffee shop where students were "buckled down" quietly studying. I, for one, was glad not to be studying, but instead enjoying, Big City Bread Co., The Last Resort, Georgia Theatre, insomnia cookies, etc. Yes, we probably had too many treats! We can't forget Lexington Vintage and Junk in the Trunk, two wonderful places to look at things. Put this place on your bucket list!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
greenville, sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Can't comment on the property per se because I never was able to reach a knowledgeable reservationist.

Started when the establishment solicited me with an e-mail for a special summer rate if I reserved by a certain date. I called after work one evening and the reservationist had no information regarding the special and advised I call the hotel. and subsequently was trapped in an endless auto attendant loop with no opportunity to leave a voice mail. So I called the reservation number again. Same deal, told to call the property. I did again. Same endless loop. Hoping third time was the charm, I called the main reservation number yet again. This time although the reservationist was also unable to find the special, they did inform me that since it was after 5, the office at the property was closed and that it would be best to try the next day...

So I did. Actually reached a live person at the property who quoted me a rate. as it was the same rate as online, I asked about the special. She said she didn't know but would transfer me to the person in charge of reservations. Of course, voice mail answered. so I left my name and number with a request for a return call. Never heard back and now the deadline for the special has passed. Does not bode well for a lodging establishment if simply checking rates and availability makes one feel like they need a vacation. Shoddy and unprofessional.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here for one night, and I have to say the decor of the lobby area and the room was probably the cutest of any hotel I've ever stayed. Everything from the bed to the wallpaper in the bathroom. Super comfy and cute and the staff was really friendly. I'd recommend this to anyone staying in Athens.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Ridgeland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Graduate Athens was chosen for wedding we were attending, it was close to our functions and other buildings that family members had fond memories of.
We were able to eat at The Grill, my son-in-law enjoyed when he attended UGA, my husbands brother worked at UGA.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Graduate Athens? Share your experiences!