“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Graduate Athens

You added Graduate Athens to your Saves list
Graduate Athens
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   295 East Dougherty Street, Athens, GA 30601 (Formerly Foundry Park Inn and Spa)   |
Special Offer
Midweek Rates from $89
Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Athens
Toccoa
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked at The Graduate Athens for my son's wedding there in Athens. I had originally reserved 3 rooms but needed to add a 4th upon arrival. The staff was very helpful, professional and friendly. Still having a small town atmosphere, the staff made us feel at home and personal. The room was updated and very stylish. It's not a sleek high rise hotel but a very comfortable and upscale facility. The reception was held at the Melting Point right there at The Graduate Athens. Again, the staff bent over backwards to help us prepare decorations and have all involved in the reception have what was needed for the big event. I even got to meet UGA Head Football Coach Mark Richt who was there for his own event. We all had a great experience and The Graduate Athens made our stay stress free and very enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Newnan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We loved our anniversary stay at the Graduate. All of the staff were helpful and friendly, the room was cozy and clean, and we loved that so many great places (restaurants and the spa!) were right on site!

La Fayette
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Our hotel room was very clean, actually the cleanest of any hotel we have stayed in. We only stayed one night, if we are in Athens again, this is the hotel we will stay in. I will recommend the Graduate to my friends!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie W, Guest Services Supervisor at Graduate Athens, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Good Afternoon, louise512014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind words. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to houskeeping, I know they will be excited to hear them. I hate that you were only able to spend one night with us, next time be sure to check out our music venue, the Foundry, or relax at our spa!

Thank you again for the compliments! We hope to see you soon!

Happy Holidays!

Germantown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed at The Graduate this December. I loved the room the minute we stepped in. Everything was clean and appeared new. We had just come from an upscale hotel and paid 6 times the price of this room. I was just as comfortable here.
My negative observations are:
Big gap under the door to the outside. We had to place items at the bottom of the door as we were concerned something might crawl in. It was a chilly 2 nights. We were locked out of our room the 2nd night. Standing with our arms full, I left my party to talk to the desk. Their response was, "oh, you're staying another night?" Yes... I had 2 nights reserved and now im thinking, I'm concerned because you didn't realize we were still here?
This boutique hotel could really hit a home run but it is on the verge of heading in a different direction. Items were outside being stored downstairs, visible in a walkway, for room repairs. The outside landing (doors open to outside) needed a good sweeping and exterior room doors could use a good cleaning and paint touch up. Staff was very friendly. I hope they maintain and add some additional upkeep because I loved this hotel and wanted it to be excellent.

Room Tip: Check out your room first!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Good Afternoon, Jamiekrbs

We are so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our decor and value. It is very appreciated.

I would also like to thank you for your contructive criticism.We can only truly know how well we do by the feedback from our guests. I would like to mention that we are nearing the completion of our renovation, so that is why you were seeing items in the halls. Though that is no excuse, I can assure you this is not how our hotel usually looks. Next time you come, renovations will be complete.

It does concern me about your reservation confusion, however. I would like to invite you to speak to me further about this so I may research what happened and perhaps use this as a training opportunity with my staff. I apologize for any inconveniences. I can be reached at 706.549.7020. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Happy Holidays!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recreation of 1964 dorm room - albeit a nice one. Great facilities and staff but bring your own breakfast as only scones and such are available. Must go out for a real breakfast. The melting point is a great music venue and guests may attend for free. Fortunately they have beer available on site.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie W, Guest Services Supervisor at Graduate Athens, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kinds words about our property and staff. I hope you had a blast at whatever show you went to at the Melting Point. I apologize for the lack of a hot breakfast, though we do have a delicious breakfast sandwich available, but we are always happy to recommend some great options in the area. And, you never know, Iron Works is always evolving, so we may eventually have a wider range of hot options.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved our experience at the Graduate! From the lobby wine and coffee bar, to the friendly service, and especially the abundance of luxury towels. We can't wait to come back so we can try out the spa and the lounge.

Good Afternoon, 66christic

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property! We are so thrilled you enjoyed your time with us! You are right, you absolutely must come back and try the spa or come see a show. We've got some great shows coming up at the Foundry, next year!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'd previously stayed at this hotel when it was the Foundry and it was an exceptional experience, so my BF and I choose it again this past week. What were the new owners thinking reinventing the wheel? Not only did they ruin the décor-it looks like they gave a committee of freshman interior design students a project to use every possible bright color and style within the room- but they lacked basics of plates, towels and soap in the suite and forgot room darkening shades. But they DID include a "wake-up" call every morning at 4:30 a.m. in the form of a garbage truck collecting the dumpster right behind our room! We even got a fire alarm going off for no reason our first morning. The room also needed more sound proofing; it was next to the green room used for the bar/restaurant's evening entertainers who were so loud and rambunctious we could hear conversations in detail.
What a disaster. I give the Graduate a failing grade.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon, MSMHSRN

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience. We very much appreciate all of the constructive criticism that you were able to give us.

I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. It is our goal to provide an enjoyable and memorable experience, from booking to departure, and I am truly sorry we have failed you in this regard. Your response has been forwarded to all appropriate managers to ensure that these issues do not occur in the future. I would like to invite you to speak to me further about this. I can be reached at 706.549.7020.

Again, thank you for apprising us of these issues, I truly hate that we let you down. Regardless of the inconveniences, I hope that your overall trip will be one that is fondly remembered.

Guest Services Supervisor

Been to Graduate Athens? Share your experiences!