“Great place to stay in downtown Athens” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #7 of 20 hotels in Athens
ATL
“Great place to stay in downtown Athens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We spent two nights at the hotel last weekend and had a wonderful experience. Rooms were large and comfortable. Everything in great condition. We tried the restaurant, spa services and the pool. Everything was first rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

368 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

After months of planning a conference for 885 attendees, I reserved a block for the meeting pre-function at the Melting Point. From the first phone call, I recevied exceptional and responsive service with Brad Davis. The food and service at the restaurant was stupendous, and you receive live entertainment. I found the rooms to be spacious and unique. I will definitely stay at the hotel on all my visits to Athens. The hotel was within walking distance to the Athens Classic Center. AWESOME! Looking forward to working with Brad Davis again in the future.

Hephzibah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was apprehensive when I drove up because I was in an unfamiliar setting and I was expecting a "hotel" but was presented something much better. The office staff was extremely knowledgeable and courteous. The check-in process was quick and efficient. I walked into my room and was in awe at the beauty. The beds were extremely comfortable, the water was extremely hot (wonderful), the room was pristine clean, and the air was set perfectly. I was as comfortable there during my stay as I would be in my own home. The check-out process was again quick, efficient and pleasant. Thank you for making my stay welcoming and comforting.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The Foundry Park Inn and Spa is a wonderful location to visit for work or play. The front desk staff is completely amazing. There is always someone available day or night to attend to your needs. Brad Davis is the most fabulous contact person, he always gives 110% and makes you feel like you are truly a welcomed guest.

The Foundry is in the perfect location for my meetings at the Classic Center because I can just park and walk. The rooms are cozy, clean, and always well stocked. I think that the Melting Point is a great venue with some of the best fried green tomatoes and live music. While I was there, I even ventured to the spa where the only word that comes to mind is "heavenly".

My only complaint is that eventually I had to pack up and come home to College Park.

Room Tip: Their suites rooms 300-305 are the best; quiet, secluded, and huge-- two bedrooms, living room, din...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We reserved a room block at the Foundry for our wedding, and we (the couple) opted stayed at the hotel for the week leading up to the wedding as well. We had a fantastic experience. From the first phone call to set up the room block through check-out, the Foundry's staff was responsive, courteous, and accommodating. The staff really went above and beyond for us and for our guests!

Although we had booked only a regular queen room for the week, we received a complementary upgrade to a suite, which was HUGE and provided an unanticipated level of luxury for our wedding week! The staff made incredibly thoughtful touches to make our stay special, leaving us wine and champagne in our room. They were flexible in all of our requests, including our tall order of needing a fridge to store our wedding cake for a few hours! All in all, we had a fantastic experience.

The property is nice and well-maintained. Our suite was obviously fabulous, but our guests (who traveled from locations all over the country) were impressed with their rooms as well. The location is great for people who might have guests walking to downtown Athens in the evenings to dine or grab a drink.

One more note - as two women tying the knot, we were a smidge worried that our vendors would be less than amenable to being a part of our gay wedding. The staff didn't blink an eye and treated us as they would any other client. The Foundry exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We visited Athens and the Foundary Park Inn &n Spa for a wedding event. The reception was held at the hotel, and the bridal luncheon was in The Hoyt House. The reception venue was well handled, with good food and great music. The rooms were comfortable with great AC. Internet service, while present, was poor - one bar, my Kindle Fire couldn't even find it! The location is at edge of downtown Athens - walkable if one is so inclined. Our Garmon, although programmed for correct address, put us at least 2-3 blocks beyond site. The hotel does not have a ground based sign announcing the entry so we drove by the entrance without knowing it coming from the Commerce GA exit off I-85. The only signs are on the side of building facing the opposite direction. Odd no sign visible from either direction - perhaps zoning code issues? But, annoying. Other than these two items, place was very nice and well maintained. Good value for what is offered. We didn't use the spa nor the actual restuarant, so can't comment.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered 7-12 on second floor are in the middle of the floor - with stairs at either end. long...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our room was ready at 3:00. The room is nicely appointed and the bed was comfortable with the duvet and sheets. The bathroom is a bit small and hard to get ready in. The double shower head was also a nice treat.
The room was clean and had all nice amenities. Clock radio has iPod/iPhone connection, nice coffee maker, refrig, and nice tv.
Would recommend and stay there again when in Athens. Location was great in relation to downtown. They offer a free shuttle but we weren't able to take advantage of it because no one was there to drive it during the times needed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Foundry Park Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!