“Second time charm” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Second time charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I went to Rafferty's several weeks ago and ordered a steak and I don't normally do that from a non-steak restaurant. Was just ok. Tonight ordered the catfish and was extremely pleased with the meal. The meal was excellent and the bar service was equally as good. Will make this a regular when in Athens.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Savannah, Georgia
“Good Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I read some of the recent reviews on this place, some of them negative, but decided to try it anyway. We were a party of 6 and were in a slight rush. We got seated right away and placed our order promptly. Our food was really good, ribs were fantastic. Service was good too. Glad we didn't pay attention to the negative reviews.

Rome, gA
“Slow service. .long waits. .average food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Too many good places to waste time here. Average food. Long wait. Avoid this place!!!!!!!!! Not worth your time

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Why?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I don't understand why so many of the locals like this place, but the three times I went there, I feel like I overpaid for food that I could have made better myself. I once ate a steak sandwich that was supposed to be rib-eye (or the like) and it had as much fat on it as meat. Another time I went and got chicken fingers and even they were not cooked correctly (how hard is it to drop something into the frier)? I know lots of locals who love the place and the bar is usually jammed, but that noted, it's usually jammed with lots of older folk.

Visited March 2013
Bogart, Georgia
“They lack all the extras that make a good restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Ok, I'll admit they have a good variety of foods on their menu but don't go there expecting any of the perks that make you want to come back. I ordered a $14 steak and it was prepared well. My wife ordered chicken tenders and there were plenty of them. However, we only got a choice of one side. We choose baked potatoes and that was all we got...meat and potatoes. Salads are $3.79 extra and there was no bread...no rolls, nothing! Since we didn't order a salad, we had to sit and twiddle our thumbs waiting for our orders cause there was nothing to eat while waiting. On top of that, seating is crowded. Tea was $2.39. I guess I'm cheap but for spending that much money for just a steak, potatoes, chicken and tea...I felt gypped.

• Visited January 2014