“Like eating at momma's” 5 of 5 stars

Description: 706-353-0030
Description: 706-353-0030
“Like eating at momma's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I've grew up eating at this restaraunt! If you like ice cold swear tea and generous portions of home cooking you'll feel at home here! It's cheap enough to take the whole family too and classy enough to be comfortable!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Athens, Georgia
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The food looked like it had been sitting out all day and not stirred once, even though it was just past noon! The servers are usually nice even if they don't come around much, or too often..

Visited April 2012
Athens
“Cafeteria line service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

You have to be careful in selection because of the added sodium. Clean but just standard type of food.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Take Out Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stopped by with a relative to pick up lunch. (They are both homebound, so it was a treat for her (wife) to get out and visit a place she used to frequent.) The place was clean and staff was friendly. We got meals to go in boxes and everything looked fresh. I ordered Trout? (or other fish???) Almondine, green beans, fried okra and a Caesar salad. The fish was absolutely delicious! It was crunchy, cooked well inside and flavorful. That was one VERY big fish, too. They were out of this particular entree on the cafeteria line, so I had to wait a couple of minutes to get a fresh one from the kitchen. It was worth it. The veggies were great, too. My salad was fresh and crisp. My relative purchased roast beef, mac and cheese and other veggies. My loved ones reported their meals were delicious, too. The amounts were generous and my relatives had enough left for another meal at their home. The staff recognized my relative and was very friendly to us. It was like a happy welcome home! They assisted us in getting it all bagged up and out the door. When I go visit my loved ones in Athens, we usually end up at this restaurant because we have many food choices and it is always tasty. Walking out through the restaurant, I noticed it was very clean. I would recommend this for take-out or sit down meals. It was economical and fresh. What more could you want? Maybe dessert...which looked great, but I passed since I am trying to keep my weight down.

• Visited July 2011