“never disappoints” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Athens, GA
“never disappoints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love their salad Lyonaisse! The Hanger steaks with grilled prawns was perfectly done as requested, the asparagus lightly grilled and crisp. The garlic mashed potatoes were average, but all in all, an excellent meal with more than adequate service. This is my go-to restaurant if I want to be assured of a really nice dinner.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Athens, Georgia
“Excellent French Bistro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This was about the 3rd time we have eaten here and we have never been disappointed. I have always had good clean and simple French food. Not overly fussy or needing Google to understand the ingredients. Charcuterie had home made pate, 4 excellent cheeses. slices of a superb garlic salami. homemade whole seed mustard , 3 kinds of pickle and olives. Very large portion more than enough for the 2 of us. A special of lamb shank was fork tender and very tasty but the string beans served with it were raw not crisp tender as they should be but the lamb and mash potatoes were perfect.I loved the Bouillabaisse. Spicy, not sweet, saffron broth. tender calamari well cooked shrimp, fish and mussels-- delicious. I would have liked a Rouille or Aioli on the side. As always, there was an excessive wait before we saw any food but other than that, service was very good. My wife and i left with smiles on our faces as usual.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Went to this restaurant for my daughter's graduation. Made a reservation well in advance because we had a gift certificate and knew we would have a large party. The food was average. The Coq Au Vin was horrible. I would not consider this a French restaurant as advertised. We presented our gift certificate as we were paying for the entire bill and were treated rudely by the manager. He shouted at us for all of our party to hear and most of the other patrons as well. He said "we don't take THOSE THINGS", referring to the gift certificate. It made everyone at our table and others in the restaurant extremely uncomfortable. We now have a $100.00 gift certificate we will never use. WAY, WAY, WAY OVERPRICED!!!!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Georgia
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Best Croque Monsieur I've had outside of Paris! Frites were crispy, seasoned well and served with a spicy ketchup that was perfect. Service was attentive and food came out fast at lunch. Will definitely visit again!!

Florida
“Wow, a superb French Bistro.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

The last three times my wife and I have been in town we headed right for this excellent bistro and have never been anything less than delighted. This time we both had a pork tenderloin dish that was the best dinner we had on this trip which included several high-end restaurants. If you are in town and are a foodie you must try this place. It is small, so reservations would be wise. The wine list is almost entirely French but the staff has always been reliable in helping us select a good wine. A great place for a hot date.

When full, the place can be quite energetic but my wife and I could still easy converse. Several tables offer a view of a main corner of the campus and the main drag which offer a great view of students coming and going. We look forward to our next time in town so we can come again.

Visited March 2014