“Great service & amenities!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Athens
Leesburg
“Great service & amenities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I absolutely love coming to town to stay at this hotel. The staff is always VERY welcoming and accommodating. The interior of the hotel is modern yet comfortable. Great food at the bistro and drinks at the bar!
Specifically, I wanted to mention an employee by name. On Wednesday night of my stay, I was not feeling the best in the world. I called down to order room service. (I ordered a pepperoni pizza which was DIVINE!) However, most importantly the server who took my order and delivered the food was named Michelle. She was amazing! So mice and pleasant to be around. She even called about 20 minutes after I got my food to make sure all was satisfactory. What an asset she is to your staff!
I also love being able to walk to the Classic Center for business meetings.
I will give you the one con to this hotel that I believe is an issue. The noise level is crazy. I always request to be on the 5th floor (Penthouse) because of the noise. Something feel off my bed one night and I really wanted to call the room below me and apologize. I know it sounded like a bowling ball coming through the ceiling. I can remember staying there on the second floor and being able to hear the person in the room above me going to the restroom. I understand that it is part of the "green" ambiance that is going on, but seriously, there needs to be some insulation pumped in between, above, and below the rooms.
Again, Hotel Indigo is one awesome hotel. I will stay there again and again if given the chance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear essiefish,
Thank you for reviewing our property! We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted to hear of your positive experience with one of our guest services members. We hope to have you with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend at this hotel while in town for a concert and triathlon. We loved the clean lines, no carpet in the rooms, concrete ceilings. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Covered parking protected my bike. Excellent location within walking distance of downtown and the college.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ed_Enoch,
The team at Hotel Indigo Athens greatly appreciates your kind review and positive remarks. We are delighted you enjoyed your experience at our property, and we thank you for your business. We hope to see you at our property in the near future.
Raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Loved it from the minute we walked in. Staff was overly accommodating & friendly (with the exception of only one on one afternoon). Bar for late night drink was wonderful, as was breakfast one morning. Lots of great conversation areas to just relax or wait. Very quiet room, slept exceptionally well and so convenient to town and the University. No need to drive, parking was easy and safe. Would love to have my home smell that good everyday! Wish we could visit more often! Thank you Hotel Indigo Athens!

Room Tip: 5th floor was really quiet. Fresh big dispenser of lemonade & fruit on floor lobby table was so...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear thethymesavor,
Thank you for your kind review of Hotel Indigo Athens. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we are delighted you had a pleasant experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very nice and comfortable but each nice I was heads down working and ordered room service. It took an hour and half the first night and one hour the next. I can assure you the hotel WAS not full. The servers in the. Lounge were more focused on hanging out with friends vs service.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear fairmax,
The staff at Hotel Indigo Athens appreciates your feedback. Thank you for your willingness to review our property.
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed here for a college reunion trip and it was perfect. Beautiful, modern, clean, comfortable, and walking distance to everything. Friendly staff and excellent drinks at the bar. Great value as you have top of the line accomodations for a budget price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear ecotourist08,
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding a recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your positive feedback, and we value your opinion. We hope to have you with us again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Abby, Chris and Meg made our stay and Club Rialto rehearsal dinner exceptional. Our son married an Atlanta girl and the wedding was 700 miles from our home; in 6 months! The staff of the Indigo made our many guests welcome, our gathering and dinner for 70+ in the Club Rialto easy and fun and the after dinner desert for 130 an energizing start to the wedding weekend.

This hotel is unique in design and responsibility given to staff. The lobby/breakfast area/ bar has relaxed gathering areas indoors and in a courtyard. The staff has authority to make decisions and solve the issues that arise with large groups.

The club Rialto made an enjoyable and special place for our dinner and allowed us to provide a thank you to the many guests who came to the wedding

Room Tip: The suites are large and have 3 separate rooms, bedroom, living room and bathroom separated by solid...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear John R,
The team at Hotel Indigo sincerely appreciates your kind review. We are delighted the rehearsal dinner and wedding weekend were enjoyable. Thank you for allowing us to help coordinate such a special event for your family. We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Simply the finest stay I've had in as long as I can remember. The staff was incredible and as friendly from front desk to housekeeping as I've ever encountered. We were in town for a very stressful event and I enjoyed ever aspect of my stay. The rooms were funky and nicely appointed. The workout area was no nonsense and yet had everything I needed for my workout. The hotel is LEED certified and also has a VIP (Very Important Parent) program for parents visiting their kids at UGA. This didn't apply to me, but found it interesting. The hotel is located close to downtown and the university, but tucked away in a quiet spot.

Great Stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear robj249,
Thank you for your kind review of Hotel Indigo Athens! We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback and we hope you will come back to visit us soon.

Been to Hotel Indigo Athens-University area? Share your experiences!