“Cool place” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Georgia
“Cool place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

There is something about the decor and intimacy of this hotel that is very appealing. I don't know the details, but it was built with many recycled materials. Rooms are large and well-appointed, though not to be confused with a luxury hotel. Very nice patio for relaxing. Close to downtown.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear DavidTravelerGeorgia,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and your attention to the sustainable details of our LEED certified building and modern decor that distinguish us as a uniquely local and intimate hotel in Athens. We treasure your feedback and hope you will stay with us again next time you are in Athens.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed for three nights and were thoroughly impressed. The room was spacious and very modern with hardwood floors and a generous shower. The staff were extremely friendly and always had time to chat with us and offer assistance wherever possible. It's maybe a little pricier than the other hotels in Athens but definitely worth it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paddington B,
Our team at Hotel Indigo Athens very much appreciates your positive feedback and review. We are pleased that you found the experience at our hotel to be worth it, and we were happy to personalize your stay! Thank you for your comments and we hope you will stay with us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Such a nice place to stay! Nice hotel to go and relax! The hotel offers rooms for events and staff is there for anything you may need. Just ask! Located downtown Athens where there are tons of nightlife venues to visit!!

• Stayed February 2012
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear MPESLB,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. The Hotel Indigo Athens team greatly appreciates your positive feedback regarding your experience with us. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Athens and we look forward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I often recommend Hotel Indigo in Athens to parents who are going to visit their kids going to school in Athens. It is clean, friendly, modern and convenient to downtown. We were there during Christmas Break a few years ago and loved our stay. The room had hardwood floors and comfy bedding and throw rugs. There were four of us in the room and we never felt crowded at all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Fiberwrangler,
Thank you for sharing such thoughtful feedback regarding your stay at Hotel Indigo Athens, and also for sharing your positive experience with parents of students in Athens. Thanks for noting a few of the property features that make us a unique destination in the area! We hope you will come back to visit us again soon!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I spent a week at Indigo and despite a few bumps, had a great experience I want to share. I booked at Indigo because they had a reasonable (but not cheap) rate and allowed pets, which enabled me to skip pet boarding fees at the vet (plus be with my baby kitties!). When I checked in the standard king room was very nice and smartly laid out. There was a big desk I could work at and a roomy shower. The AC wasn't on and it was warm and I couldn't get it working, but when I called down, the front desk got it working from there. It was quiet overnight and I got good sleep. The cats took awhile to calm down from being moved but were getting better by the next morning. Unfortunately, that was when the AC went out again and they were not responding well to the heat. They sent up a maintenance guy who was super nice and helpful, but the cats did not like a strange person in the room clanking around with a ladder. They got pretty freaked out, and when the desk told me later the air could not be fixed and I would have to switch rooms, I did not want to start all over having them adjust to a new unfamiliar space. I took the cats to the vet to board where it was familiar surroundings and told the front desk clerk I would need to check out unless they could match the rate of the lower-rate alternative place I planned to stay to offset the boarding fees. They not only agreed to match the rate, they upgraded me to a suite. Everyone was apologetic about the problems, were very professional and offered to do everything they could to make things right and my stay pleasant.

The suite was super roomy with a kitchen area with a sink and table. (It also had a fridge, which the king room did not.) A living area with chairs, sofa, tv and coffee table. There was a bigger desk area and a separate bedroom.

Plusses for both rooms: I love lots of lighting sources and it had recessed lighting, floor lamps, sconces, a desk lamp and more. Hardwood floors! A cozy, sweatery throw I used constantly and wanted to bring home.

My only negatives are the low light over the sink in the king room (one bulb) which made it hard to do makeup or see and the low water pressure in both rooms was tough to rinse long hair. But these are due to the LEED certification I guess and are understandable.

With so many great restaurant choices nearby downtown, I did not eat at the Madison and cannot comment on it here.

I really appreciate the kindness and professionalism of the front desk staff, the maintenance man, the cleaning crew and everyone I encountered at the hotel. I would not hesitate a moment to recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Athens.

Room Tip: Fourth floor on the side towards town is quiet with a good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear athbirdlady,
Thank you very much for your review of Hotel Indigo Athens; we are glad you and your pets stayed with us! Thank you for acknowledging our LEED certification requirements, and for also noting amenities you enjoyed during your visit. the We appreciate your comments, and look forward to seeing you again.
Kalispell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This a a fresh modern hotel in the heart of Athens. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. We loved the large shower! The staff were professional and very helpful. I have nothing negative to say about this establishment.

• Stayed October 2012
HotelIndigoAthens, Management Representative at Hotel Indigo Athens-University area, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear FlyingDeb,
Thank you for your descriptive review of Hotel Indigo Athens. We appreciate your comments about our refreshing space, our location in the heart of Athens, our spacious, clean, and comfortable rooms, and of course, our staff. We are delighted you stayed with us during your visit to Athens and hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Too many times people write Managers to inform them that something went wrong. This letter is to tell you something went right. My husband and I stayed the night in your hotel this past Thursday night October 12, 2012. From the moment Kyle Blalock checked us in our experience was great. Kyle was quick and pleasant. We were up in our room within 5 minutes; this included moving our car. We then made our way down to the bar for a cocktail. Our bartender, forget his name, was extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. His conversation was welcomed and he knew when we wanted to talk amongst ourselves. We were in town for Wanda Sykes comedy show. After our show we came back to the hotel. Kyle Blalock went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy with our dinner, show, and our nightcap. His attention was exceptional! He is the definition of customer service. I hope you know what a valuable employee you have in him. If we are to travel to Athens again we will make sure we stay in your hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Hotel Indigo Athens! We appreciate your comments and we are especially proud to hear of the positive experience you and your husband had with one of our guest service representatives. We are value such personal feedback, and we acknowledge those members of our staff who personalize the guest experience by being quick to action, professional, and genuinely interested in our guests. Kyle and our team hope to see you again soon, and appreciate your generosity in sharing your story with us.

Been to Hotel Indigo Athens-University area? Share your experiences!