“Our Wedding Anniversary must do” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Cumming, Georgia, USA
“Our Wedding Anniversary must do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We attend a conference each June - just happens to be the same week as our wedding anniversary. We made it a habit to eat here as a bow to nostalgia, and good food at good prices. Fast service. Half the fun is hearing the order taker call your order back to the kitchen. Whaadda you have?

Visited June 2012

Douglas, Georgia
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Let me start by saying that the food is great. It is a bit greasy, but good none the less. I went there to eat while in Athens with my children. My daughter and I ate there for lunch. The line was long and had to wait about 15 mins to order. But it was so worth the wait. I had a cheeseburger and she had the chili dog The burger was a bit small, but it was filling all the same.. I will be going back and bringing some pepto bismol with me. The only negative thing was when my daughter and I started to leave and this Postal service lady stepped off the curb in front of my car. She was not looking where she was going and almost got herself ran over. So what did she do? She started cursing me! So if you see a woman in the USPS uniform who looks as if her hair had been done by a weed eater, and makeup applied by the Clown Institute of GA.. WATCH OUT! She is not a pleasant thing. ( "going Postal" is her thing I suppose). Other than that I enjoyed my food and drinks.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Georgia
“Historical Landmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

OK, so it's not a true, "history" landmark, but it is an "institution" as another review states. I've been coming to the Varsity every trip to Athens since I was a kid. It is "must stop". The atmosphere is worth the possible heartburn later -they make stuff for that :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, Georgia
“An Institution In Atlanta And Athens!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

You have to experience the Varisty at least once in your life. It's not your typical fast food joint. You walk up to a long stainless steel counter to order at one of many stations, and hear your order barked out to the back. Typical fare is burgers, hotdogs, fries, onion rangs, frosted orange drink, cokes, and milkshakes. There's more to offer, but these are the basics that bring everyone back. There are several areas to site and watch tv while you dine. The chili cheese dogs with onion rangs are my favorite, but only about once a year. It's not expensive and it's not for the "Fru Fru" crowd...

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Savannah, Georgia
“A must stop for every UGA game”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We would never think of going to Athens without a trip to the Varsity and they never disappoint. The food may not be good for you but it surely is good. I would recommend a chili burger with pimento cheese, onion ring, and a frosted orange.

Visited October 2012