“This restaurant closed” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Bishop GA
“This restaurant closed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was a very nice restaurant which closed this year. In its place is a restaurant which is mostly vegetarian and vegan. I did not care for the food I got. The service of the new restaurant was pretty poor. A grad student who had not idea how to be a good waiter was pleasant and fun but provided poor service.

Visited October 2013

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
“Good but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I understand this place is closing.....not sure if it is actually closing or rebranding or what. In any case, the food was quite good, the service was quite good (however, bordering on a bit "stuffy" which seemed a bit out of place) and the prices are on the high side (fed four of us with drinks for just under $200).

My wife and I had the special seasonal salad special with green and red tomatoes in a nice sauce and feta cheese....very tasty. Sone had a farm salad and daugher-in-law had the egg in a jar which she reported to be quite good. For our main courses, two of us had the trout and it was good. One had the mushroom dish that was reported to be outstanding. No comment about the chicken and dumplings....but it was consumed rapidly!!!

Ice cream for dessert was ok.

Visited June 2013
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a casual setting with good food and we found it at Farm 255. I have to say I had a difficult time ordering because the menu is loaded with options that describe several ingredients that I might not choose to combine. I was able to get great help and suggestions from the server and made a decision I was very happy with. My husbands meal was amazing as well. After such a great meal we were stuffed but couldn't help but try dessert just to see how creative it would be. We were not disappointed and would definitely return!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Georgia
“A certain kind of palet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

If you care about local ingredients, you can do any better than the Farm. I just find this place to be less than healthy, as far as cooking methods. Food is rich and fatty and I think they use too much oil. Just makes it not too enjoyable to me. But they food is definitely fresh and usually organic.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Interesting Dinner Selections”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Some winners and losers on the "butcherboard" starter, but the establishment deserves credit for creativity. Mains were delicious. Wine list is limited, but varied and costs reasonable.
Definitely worth a try.