“Beyond Best In Class Service Levels” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Athens
New York City, New York
“Beyond Best In Class Service Levels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were in Athens to house hunt and spend Thanksgiving with our daughter. After driving 825 miles we were greeted by Zach Neff, General Manager, and his unbelievable staff. Our few days resulted in our staying 9 days and the staff honestly became "family". The cleanliness, size of rooms, pool, fitness center and BREAKFAST were to die for. Not sure what else I can say except this CountryInn facility and Team are AWESOME....and the AppleBees and Hilltop Grill, on each side of the hotel, made it easy to have late snacks and cocktails, and walk back to our home-away-from-home! Can't wait to return in January and spend a week as we close on our new home.

Room Tip: This place is clean and beautiful, any room will be fine!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My family stayed in a king suite here over the Thanksgiving Holiday. The accommodations and facilities (esp the indoor pool) were above-average for the reasonable rates and the hotel was clean and in good condition. The staff was courteous and professional during our stay. As we were leaving, I left my purse and camera bagin the room. The cleaning service found them and front desk contacted us on the road. We were too far out to turn back, so the staff went out of its way and packaged and overnighted my belongins to me. They were patient and kind, and went above and beyond in safeguarding hte items.
Thanks Rachel!!!

Room Tip: Our room looked out toward Broad Street which was very bright and a little loud. Ideally, it would...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great place! It's not the most exciting neighborhood, but the facility itself is really nice. The staff were very professional and courteous. I had a suite and it was large, spotlessly clean, quiet, and comfortable. The price was very reasonable for such a large accommodation. This will be my first choice on my next visit to Athens.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Super clean and so convienate to the downtown, with all the shows and restaurants. The taxi ride to our downtown destination was $5!! The staff was helpful with all our needs!! Free continental breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012
Gas City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose this motel because of my previous stays at Country Inn's. This one is surly one of the best that I have stayed in. The staff is without a doubt the most accommodating group I have ever met. To welcome us as they did was truly a great experience. With 20 rooms rented and 4 months there I never had and employee complain of anything during our stay. Also they had made a deal to have breakfast ready at 5:15 am daily,7 days a week and this never failed to happen. Truly of the greatest stays I have ever had.
Marty Leffler
Premier Steel Inc.
Anderson IN

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I chose this hotel after reading reviews here on TripAdvisor. The hotel is located right off of the main road. Parking was easy to find. My room was quite large and very nice. Breakfast was absolutely amazing. I drove from NC and stayed two nights.

The only issue I had was with the receptionists. When I called to reserve I inquired about the government rate and was told I qualified. Upon check in I double checked that I received the government rate and the receptionists told me that it had been applied. On the day of checkout the summary of charges were slipped under my door which showed that the government rate was not applied. When I went to the front desk to check out the receptionist informed me that I had never asked for the government rate but applied it after some coercion.

Overall I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast cook (forgot to get her name) was delightful, as were the housekeeping, my room had a great view and was very comfortable. I would return.

Room Tip: Verify your charges. Fourth floor has great views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ZachNeff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Athens, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your frank and honest review of our property. I would personally like to apologize for the confusion you encountered regarding your room rate. I understand how difficult it can be to deal with such issues while you are traveling. If you would like to discuss it further with me, please feel free to contact the hotel at (706) 612-9100 at anytime and ask for the general manager I have used your comments to coach our staff and we will work hard to improve our service so that we can exceed your expectations on your next visit to Athens.
Athens, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had to get some work done on my house (I live in Athens) and couldn't be there while it was pending. I tried to find a place to stay on game day weekend, and had about given up, until I walked in here and learned that a great many folks had JUST checked out. The staff was extraordinary, asking me daily how things were going- how my pets were- and even, on Sunday, reminding me that it WAS Sunday, after I expressed concern about getting out into 5 o'clock traffic to go take care of my critters. The lady who checked me in gave me a beautiful room w/views of my town from two directions. Outstanding housekeeping, and breakfast- nothing but great things to say about this place! I will be urging my friends and family to use this place when they come to town, it really cannot be beat for cleanliness and incredible staff.

Room Tip: The top floor is the way to go if it's a game weekend, I enjoyed the corner room I stayed in, ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our property and staff. Here at the Country Inn & Suites-Athens we consider all of our guests to be members of the family. We really enjoyed having you here, and we look forward to seeing you again when your friends and family come to visit!