“Incompetence” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
A TripAdvisor Member
“Incompetence”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2003

I initially made my reservation for 1/31/02. I gave my credit card information to guarantee the room. I was also asked to call earlier on the day of my reservation to confirm I would be coming because they fill up fast. I agreed. Later, (12/20/2002) I called to change my reservation to Friday, January 3rd since my travel plans had changed. I again said I would call earlier in the day to confirm I would be coming. I ran into traffic on my way from Michigan to the hotel and called not only to confirm that I would still be coming, but that I would most likely be arriving really late - around midnight. I was told no problem. When I got there, I gave my name and was told that there was no room that would accommodate my dogs. (They only allowed dogs in the smoking rooms. The room I had reserved was a smoking room.) I explained that I not only had guaranteed my reservation with a credit card, but that I had called earlier that same day to confirm I was coming and was told everything was okay. The man just shrugged. I asked if I could use the phone to call the 800 number to arrange for another room somewhere else and he refused. I asked if other hotels in the area took pets and he said he didn't know. So, at 12:30 AM, I am without a place to stay.

Luckily, the man at the Super 8 off exit 62A (from I75) had room for me. And it didn't need to be a smoking room (I don't smoke). He was very nice and that night he was my savior. My anger at the incompetence in Ashburn was still fresh, however, and I cannot believe that someone as inept as that man can be left in charge of an otherwise very decent discount hotel. His handling of the situation was completely unacceptable and he should not be allowed to represent the chain.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Super 8 Ashburn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Ashburn

Address: 749 E Washington Ave, Ashburn, GA 31714
Location: United States > Georgia > Ashburn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ashburn
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Super 8 Ashburn 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Ashburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Ashburn
Ashburn Super Eight
Ashburn Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Ashburn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.