“Complete, quiet, VERY reasonable” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
michdartrey
“Complete, quiet, VERY reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

My husband and I enjoyed the cheery, non-intrusive atmosphere with beautiful plants and patio atmosphere for a nice breakfast, great other meals at fair prices, helpfulness from the staff and owner for info. or needs for a week. We'll go back for 3 weeks in Jan. taking other friends. We did have a spacious suite, will take a 2-bedroom, 2-bath next time. LOVE the location away from traffic and with meeting area and whatever we discover we need. Fullest recommendation. Linda from Dallas

• Liked — Clean, new-looking, remodeled and improved constantly; helpfulness and atmosphere.
  • Disliked — Really nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

My mom and I spent three nights during our time in Teguc. I made online reservations and from the first email, they were prompt and beyond helpful with all questions. Reservations were easy to make. Upon our arrival, the staff was attentive to our needs even before asking. They even bumped us up to a larger room for the same rate. The staff was friendly and nice. The hotel itself felt like we were at home and part of the family. It was beautiful. I could not imagine a better place to stay.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — not handicap accessible
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

We just returned from nine days at Humuya Inn. We went to Honduras for a family wedding and rented one two-bedroom apartment and three suites. (The wedding itself had 240 guests so wasn't at the Humuya, but this inn would be a great site for a smaller wedding or family reunion.)

The inn is every bit as beautiful as its website photos show, amazingly peaceful, safe, a true refuge. With the spacious apartment and great public spaces--lobby, courtyard, roof deck with lovely mountain and city views--we had lots of options for hosting U.S. and Honduran friends for meals and visits.

Every staff member we met, from the owners to front desk, kitchen, housekeeping, and security people, was friendly and helpful. The apartment we stayed in was quite new so not yet completely stocked; however, we could borrow almost everything we needed from the hotel kitchen. The phone in our apartment worked for incoming but not outgoing calls, so the front desk people let us make calls from their phone.

Humuya Inn is a short drive from excellent malls and grocery stores. The continental breakfast every morning had fresh-squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit (watermelon, pineapple, papaya, banana), Honduran tropical fruit jams, cereal, excellent granola, muffins, and breads (sometimes Garifuna coconut bread). You can also pay extra and order a reasonably priced hot breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

• Liked — The owners speak English and several staff members have at least some English, so being there was restful after trying to use my inadequate Spanish everywhere else.
  • Disliked — I don't mind that there's no swimming pool but some might want one.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

We're staying at the Humuya Inn with our two-year old daughter as I write this review and it's been wonderful. We rented one of their apartments which consists of two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen and living area. It's been wonderful for our daughter to have her own room so she can go to bed early and we don't have to tiptoe around. The Humuya Inn is small enough that our baby monitor worked from the hotel's courtyard plus we could see our apartment's door from courtyard/ dining area. It was wonderful to put her to bed and then enjoy a quiet dinner with the rest of our party.

The apartments are painted in warm, inviting colors and nicely decorated. Ours was still a bit sparse with no pictures on the walls yet and a few furniture items missing, like a kitchen table/ chairs and dressers in the bedrooms. When we mentioned these items to owner Mimi though we discovered the apartments are fairly new and they're still in the process of furnishing/ decorating. Given the nice touches they've already added, I'm sure in a short time they'll be perfect.

My husband's brother and his wife traveled with us and they stayed in a single room. It was quite large and had an extra twin bed in the corner, so some families may even find the single rooms quite comfortable with children.

Owners Scott and Mimi were also very helpful in arranging transportation for us, answering our questions, and preparing special meals for our daughter.

One thing to note about the Humuya Inn is that it is in a quiet, residential neighborhood. This is a plus in a noisy city and we slept very well. However there are not really any shops or restaurants within close walking distance. For us that was not an issue as we ate our breakfasts and dinners at the hotel, and the food at the hotel is simple and good. It's easy to get around the city with taxis or private drivers (we hired a private driver so we could install our daughter's car seat), so we had no trouble getting to shops or restaurants when we needed to.

If we have the opportunity to return to Tegus in the near future, we'd be delighted to stay again at the Humuya Inn. We certainly will recommend it to other travelers, especially those traveling with kids.

• Liked — Staff, rooms, quiet location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Burlingame
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

The hotel has great service and the staff is very friendly. I have never visited this country and when I got to the hotel, I felt very welcomed and secure. The staff did everything they could and more to make me and my family feel at home.

The breakfast was great and the restaurant recommendations were just perfect.

Careful with the shower. The water tends to come out very hot. You just have to turn on the shower slowly.

Other than the shower, the entire hotel was just perfect for us.

• Stayed July 2008
Baton Rouge, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I have stayed at the Humuya Inn many times. Since 2004, I have brought groups of nursing students for study abroad experiences. The Humuya Inn is comfortable, clean and safe. I hardly speak spanish but can comfortably manage at this hotel. Here are all the comforts of large hotel chains like air conditioning, comfortable beds, a gift shop, room service, work-out equipment, continental breakfast, free wireless, phone and TV. Yet there are comfortable spaces with large couches, stocked bookshelves, & soft lights. There is a top floor patio with a stunning city overlook perfect place for me to hold class! All of the rooms are large and many of them are small suites with kitchen and sitting rooms. I highly recommend small and large groups for this hotel.

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
Nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

The Humuya Inn is everything I look for in a hotel when I travel outside the United States.

It is a warm and inviting inn filled with the charm of a bed and breakfast yet offers the aminities of a larger hotel. From the moment I walk in the door I am greeted by a friendly staff that says "hola" with the sincerity that tells me they are truly glad I am "home".

I have traveled to Tegucigalpa numerous times and I discovered the Humuya Inn on my second trip. Since then it has been the only hotel I have used when I travel to Tegucigalpa. I recommend it to all my friends.

They are also great with travel groups if you are traveling with more than the company of your immediate family.

If you're staying for more than a day or two pay a few limpera more and stretch out in one of the Humuya Inn's spacious apartments.

I was there last month and I'll be returning a week from tomorrow. I know I will find a home away from home at the Humuya Inn.

The breakfast buffet or the made-to-order breakfasts are just what you need to get your day started in true Honduran style. They squeeze your orange juice fresh each morning and, when in season, they will pick a mango for you from the tree in the courtyard! If you're sincerely health conscious ask for the orange juice without sugar added.

Scott and his wife, Mimi, are great innkeepers.

Travel safely!

Larry M., Nashville, Tennessee, USA

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Humuya Inn? Share your experiences!