“A Real Jewel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Humuya Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tegucigalpa
Colonia Humuya #1150, Tegucigalpa na, Honduras   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Tegucigalpa
Winnipeg, Canada
“A Real Jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed two nights at the Humuya Inn and am glad it was suggested by a native of Tegucigalpa. I make about 25 business trips each year around the world, and this is one of the most restful environments I've experienced. The room was clean and well appointed; Henry down at the front desk was unfailingly helpful; the breakfast was just right, especially their marvelous coffee. I find it competitively priced compared to other capital city hotels in Central America. I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Robert B,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

We value all of our guest comments but those that travel as much as you do uniquely understand the small things that make a great stay. I am thankful that you found your time with us a "one of the most restful environments I've experienced."

Thank you for also taking time to bring attention to one of our outstanding team members of the front desk, Henry.

We look forward to your next visit.

Scott W. Crook

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Murphy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I've stayed at the Humuya Inn many times when in Tegucigalpa - for me it is the best value in the capital city. I just made reservations for two nights in February when I'll be there on business. It is managed by Scott and Mimi Crook. Mimi and her parents are native Hondurans and Scott is from the U.S. If you stay there you have no need to look for a place to eat - their food is as good as it gets in Honduras (and better than most). A friendly efficient staff, laundry service, a high quality reasonably priced gift shop and comfortable rooms with plenty of space. After many years of traveling to Teguc, I don't even consider staying anywhere else. Best in class!

Room Tip: Rooms are all good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Mr Don C.,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our Inn so that others can have the opportunity to hear about your experience at the Humuya Inn. Feedback from our valued guests allows us to make good decisions in areas that most matter to you our customers.

We look forward to serving you in February and are so glad that as you say "don't even consider staying anywhere else."

Roatan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel was fine and the staff was lovely. It was very difficult for most taxi drivers to find and involved lots of driving around and phone calls to give the drivers directions. Biggest problem was communications. I called the hotel and spent considerable time discussing rates. I clarified it with the fellow in three different ways and was happy with the result until I went to pay. The bill was three times what I expected based on my quote. He denied half the conversation even when I quoted it back almost verbatim. I paid of course but was very upset. I am sure he didn't set out to cheat me but that sort of miscommunication is unforgivable. I have lived in the country for ten years and normally have no communication problems. My advice would be to book online and avoid the hassle.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to apologize for the communication problem you had with our receptionist. I have personally spoken with him and his manager to make sure this type of problem does not happen again. Our policy is once the client has made a reservation; our receptionist sends an email confirming it. This email includes information such as dates, prices and other pertinent information. Unfortunately, this particular receptionist is new and omitted to follow a crucial step in the standard procedure.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future: if so would you please copy me at scott@humuyainn.com with your reservation so that I can personally follow through with the details.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve our service.

scott@humuyainn.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

we Always Stay Here For Mission Trips And Now For Our adoption Trips. Staff Is Wonderful And Speak Very Good English. They Are Always Willing To Help In Any Way They Can. Great Value As Well! I Can't Say Enough About This Place - Love It!!

• Stayed September 2013
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear LynnMikle,

Thank you very much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our customers and strive to provide our best service. Thank you for your very kind and encouraging words. We hope to see you again on a mission trip or for another adoption.

scott@humuyainn.com
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I wish there were other Humuyas in cities throughout Latin America. You get comfort, good food, spacious rooms, excellent beds and outstanding service for a reasonable price. No need to stay in pricey hotels to feel safe and to get a nice room and a comfortable bed as one has to do when travelling to other countries.

I have no hesitation to recommend Humuya to anyone travelling to Tegucigalpa. I shall stay there when I return to Honduras. All I can say is that Humuya is a welcoming place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Carlos J,

Thank you for your excellent review regarding the Humuya Inn. We have had many guests say that they would like Humuya Inn's in other countries.

Thank you for mentioning many of the qualities of our Inn and reason that you can with "no hesitation recommend Humuya to anyone traveling to Tegucigalpa."

Thank you for taking of your valuable time to share with others about your experience at the Humuya Inn.

Port Orchard, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Was told the Humuya Inn was a great place to stay in Tegucigalpa, and we were not disapointed. Checked in was seamless. Great room. Front desk staff was very helpfull, and all of them spoke perfect english. Free breakfast was great. Fresh fruit, bread, bagels, cereal, etc. They also had eggs and other thing like pancakes, but not all the time. Loved the roof area, lots of places to relax. Also enjoyed the garden. Great place to stay in Tegu. Highly recommend this hotel. We will be traveling to Tegu again in the next month or two, and will be staying at the Humuya.

Room Tip: This hotel would be perfect if they had a pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Mr. Shaun,

Thank you for reviewing the Humuya Inn.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it was a good recommendation.

We have been working on our check in speed and are now working on making check out quicker also, thanks for noticing.

Our front desk staff will be pleased with your kind words about their English and how helpful they were.

We look forward to your next reservation at the Humuya Inn.

San Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was in Tegucigalpa last week on business, and I decided to follow TripAdvisor's advice and booked a room at the Humuya Inn, and I was not disappointed in the slightest. The front desk staff was attentive and cordial, the rooms were nicely furnished (I especially loved the soft beds and flat screen TV's), and the overall appearance of the public areas was also very nice. The hotel is located in a residential neighborhood that was conveniently close to the main business district where most of my meetings took place, with shopping malls and restaurants close by (maybe not walking distance, but definitively a short ride away).
I will be going back to Tegucigalpa sometime next month, and I'll absolutely stay at the Humuya Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Mr. Murillo,

Thank you for taking from your limited time to review the Humuya Inn. I am glad that Trip Advisor is such a reliable source for guests especially those from Central America.

I am glad that you enjoyed the soft beds (memory foam) and the flat screens which we added in 2012.

We look forward to seeing you next month and hope that you will experience even more of the Humuya Inn

Humuya Inn

Been to Humuya Inn? Share your experiences!