“The Best Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Humuya Inn to your Saves list
Humuya Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Colonia Humuya #1150, Tegucigalpa na, Honduras   |
Offers & Announcements
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“The Best Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with my family for days. Its probably one of the best if not the best hotel in honduras. The staff is very professional and nice. Very clean and safe place to stay in. I would recommend it 200%.

Es un maravillosos hotel. Muy limpio y seguro. Me encanto quedarme ahi por 3 dias con mi familia. Excelente hotel, muy tranquilo y el personal es muy amable y profesional. Ojalas que sigan asi de buenos.

Room Tip: The junio suite is excellent. You basically feel like home.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

We love hearing how families enjoy staying in our establishment. Our staff was very encouraged to hear your visit was a pleasant one and that they met all of your needs.

We hope this is not the first or last time you and your family come stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know how we can serve you better.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Aventura, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is great for families, group trips or couples who like to cook, etc. It is nice, pretty, in a safe residential neighborhood. Rooms are clean, most impressive is the kitchen. We had a one bedroom suite, the bedroom had no TV and there was a small flat screen in the living room. The bed was way too soft for our taste but may appeal to those who like softer beds. Everything was clean but bedroom quite dusty because we had to move the bed slightly. Bathroom was OK and always had hot water but very little water pressure in our room. Downsides are that it is out of the way so you will need to order a cab 15 minutes in advance of leaving the place each time you do or rent a car. The free breakfast is simple but OK a buffet-style continental breakfast (not a la carte nor elaborate). I would only do this again if I was traveling with my child and we had a car (we didn't rent one on our trip this last time) but if the price is comparable I would much rather be at a Hotel somewhat close to the malls and restaurants. This was hard to find and get to. Warning: Taxis that are called by the hotel charge a lot more than if you call them yourself.
We paid $160 for the one bedroom apt. I find this an ok value for where and what it is in Tegucigalpa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Tatiana,

Thank you for your recent review and comments on the many things you enjoyed about our Inn. I apologize for not responding sooner as we had two staff meetings regarding several of the issues you mentioned in your review.

At the Inn have a never ending list of improvements and we recently put bigger t.v.'s for the living room in the Master Suites on that list. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.

All of our beds have memory foam. For a few guests it is too soft but the large majority have told us they prefer this sleeping experience. We are looking for a plausible solution that would allow us to confirm before the guest arrives what his/her preference is for their mattress. Again thank you.

In addition to our continental breakfast we do have a full breakfast menu that includes such items as omelets, french toast, pancakes etc.

The taxis we call directly from the hotel are more expensive than taxis directly off the street, but there is a reason for that cost. Let me give you one example. Recently we had a guest leave her wallet in one of our vetted taxis that we call for guests. Our guest was frantic because she expected to never again see her wallet and would have her credit cards run up before she could get them canceled. Our front desk responded by immediately calling the taxi and within ten minutes he delivered the wallet to our guest at her appointment across town. Again we trust the taxis we use (we only use three) and they are more expensive. Another reason we use these taxis is that their vehicles are newer than most taxis that you see on the road in Honduras.

Lastly we have the 2nd newest mall (in Tegucigalpa) four blocks from our hotel, five minutes maximum by taxi. This mall is one of the largest in Honduras with restaurants serving a variety of foods from local to chain type eateries.

We do appreciate your review and opportunity to make future guest stay more enjoyable.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My family stayed at the Humuya Inn for a month and had the best stay imaginable. We stayed in one of the apartments there, and it was beautiful, clean, and spacious. We had plenty of hot water for the five of us, the beds were very comfortable, and it was nice and bright and airy. We cooked many of our meals in the apartment's kitchen, and also ate downstairs at the restaurant. The meals there were absolutely delicious. My husband and I were partial to the fish and had it several times. Yum! The continental breakfast was a pleaser for all -- plenty of food and a nice variety. We spent lots of time playing on the rooftop terraces, enjoying the view, waving to the airplanes, playing and playing, and searching for the flock of parrots that we saw several times. The staff at the Humuya were absolutely delightful. They were very professional, and yet so friendly and warm. My sons all loved them, as did I. At first we thought we would need a pack n play for our youngest son, and one was there in our apartment when we arrived. It turned out though that he preferred a regular bed, so all it took was a call to the receptionist for the pack n play to be replaced with twin bed within twenty minutes. Everything we requested was graciously met. The power in the city went down twice during our stay, but the hotel's generator kicked in both times within seconds. The wifi was very reliable, and my husband was able to keep up to date with his business while away with no problems at all. I cannot say enough good things about the Humuya Inn.

Room Tip: If you are there for a month or longer, ask for an apartment. It is very spacious and very reasonab...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Angela A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Humuya Inn. I was so pleased to read how you had "the best stay imaginable." I also want to thank you for noticing the small things that we do at the Inn to make a guest's stay comfortable (like the pack and play).

I'm glad that the kitchen in your Master Suite (apartment) served well for preparing meals.

I was especially happy to read that the new generators “kicked in within seconds." That particular project involved several years of planning and I'm glad to know that it was worth all the time and effort by our staff.

Please know that your comments are shared directly with each staff team member regarding your review. Those comments are great way for them to know that their actions contributed to your great stay.

p.s. the fish is one of my favorites also !

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 1 night. Compared to the other places we have stayed on our trip backpacking through Central America, this place was luxurious. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the shower has hot water. We had a nice balcony that was lovely to sit on, but there is also a terrace with a great view.

The hotel is very quiet, in a quiet neighborhood. It feels very safe there. However, it is difficult to find, as our cabbie drove us around for 45 minutes looking for the place.

There were a few things that we were disappointed with, especially considering the caliber of this place. We asked the staff if there were any restaurants nearby, and were told that there was a mall with a food court, but given no other suggestions. Not being drawn to a mall food court, we decided to eat dinner at the hotel, as it had been recommended on TA by previous guests. We both had pasta and it was not good at all. It is not expensive, but I am sure you can find tastier food for the same price or better elsewhere. We also saw a rat in the courtyard while eating, the only weve seen on the trip. The breakfast (included) is basic, but much better than dinner, and the fresh squeezed juice is great.

The staff is generally friendly and the place feels very safe. I'd recommend staying here, but definitely eat dinner elsewhere!

• Stayed January 2013
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear ParkerBlue,

I am glad that you took time to write a review about our Inn. Thank you for your kind comments about much of your stay.

I am truly disappointed and horrified about your dinner experience and the rat you saw in the garden area. Immediately after we read your comment, we had a large franchise exterminating company do a thorough testing of our premises and found that the minor construction we did to build our new laundry facilities, opened up an old street pipe and allowed for this problem. Together with them we have taken every measure to make sure this problem is resolved and also to prevent any future situations.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we apologize once again for the inconvenience you had to go through.

Antigua, Guatemala
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed for two nights.

The hotel is centrally located, in a rather quiet (at night) part of town. Our room was spacious and clean, although quite warm. Fortunately the windows can be opened. (They do have A/C but I prefer fresh air). Good quality bathroom amenities.

We were received by a staff member who was not sure of which room we had booked, we had to tell him we had booked No. 4. When we arrived, the bathroom was wet, they told us there was a leak and we would be changed rooms next day. While we left for a few hours they either fixed the leak or the receptionist was covering up a bad cleaning of the bathroom. Next day, nobody knew about a room change for us.

Breakfast is basic: fruit, juice, cereal, milk, bread and coffee/tea. The first day there was no problem. The second morning, there was no fruit or fruit juice left when we got to the dining room, and almost no bread. When we requested to have some fruit we were told they were sorry, they just didn't have enough for that day.

I will rather choose somewhere else to stay next time in Tegucigalpa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear JGioP,

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear about your less than perfect stay at the Humuya Inn. I have met with our staff regarding the issues during your stay and we are taking specific actions to reduce the poor communication that resulted in confusion. Our front desk staff should have communicated better regarding the water leak and the specifics of which room you reserved.

As noted our complimentary breakfast includes fruit, juice, cereal, milk, bread and coffee/tea but we also have a full breakfast menu that you can order from which includes omelets, typical breakfasts, french toast and pancakes to name a few of the items. There is no excuse for not having enough food items for any of our guests and I apologize for that.

My hope is that you would give the Humuya Inn another opportunity in the future to impress you.

Humuya Inn
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This was exactly what the pictures show and what others have written a good review about. We had a family get together for a graduation ceremony at Zamorano University and some of us flew from South America and some of us from the US and we were able to get one room to accommodate all 5 of us. We even hit some flight cancellations and the hotel management helped us out re-arranging our reservation as needed, even when we had additional guests who also decided to stay with us. The management team is great, we dealt quite a bit with Michael and he is a true gentlemen and helping us with everything we needed. The hotel is not too far from the airport and in nice street/area. The hotel got us safe and secure taxi that we used multiple times and we were very happy. The hotel had places to park in the front as well as rear of the hotel, again very secure as we had rented a big van. My wife and I actually had dinner there the first night and in comparison to what we had outside of the hotel, it was pretty darn good and in a nice relaxing area. Hotel staff were extremely nice and it really felt like a family / cozy environment, not forgetting the amazing roof top and the breath taking view from this hotel. The owners also put a lot of effort in decoration and you use a lot of pottery from the Lenca who are indigenous people of southwestern Honduras, very COOL! This hotel is perfect for long stays and I think I proved that it is awesome for short and quick stays as well.... I can't really make comparison to the Marriott or other chains in Tegucigalpa but I can tell you that, the rooms were big, roomie and extremely comfortable like you are in your own house... TV, wifi, everything was there that you need.

Room Tip: Just call up the hotel and they will help you out chose the right room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are so glad that you and your family chose the Humuya Inn for such a special occasion as a graduation. The Master Suites are ideal for these type of get togethers because they are so spacious.

I am so pleased to hear that your experience and interaction with our staff was so positive. Our goal is to always "exceed guest expectations" going the extra mile to make your stay memorable and enjoyable.

For your next stay you will have to enjoy more meals at our restaurant.

Again thank you for telling others about your positive experience at the Humuya Inn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

As I write this, I am sitting on a beautiful leather couch in Room 101 at the Humuya Inn. My wife and I LOVE this place! Not only is the hotel beautifully decorated and well managed, the staff is so friendly and helpful--they make you feel at home ALL the time! In my opinion, you cannot help but enjoy your stay here. They serve delicious meals in an area of the hotel that allows you to enjoy a beautiful courtyard/inner garden of trees and plants between the buildings. My wife and I saw a hummingbird moving from flower to flower about 10 feet from our table during breakfast. When we return to Tegucigalpa, we will definitely plan to stay here! This place is simply DELIGHTFUL!

• Stayed December 2012
Humuya_Inn, Owner at Humuya Inn, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Singerdude,

Thank you for your review and positive comments about the Humuya Inn.

We recently added the leather couch to room 101 (Suite) and have had several positive guest comments about how comfortable it is while watching tv on the 42 inch LCD.

The hummingbirds are a daily occurrence close to where guest's enjoy their breakfast. They seem to be attracted to the yellow "shrimp plant" in the garden. Pretty cool.

Again thank you for taking the time to recognize the Humuya Inn and letting others know about your experience.

Scott Crook

Been to Humuya Inn? Share your experiences!