“Great hotel great service a few catches” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
Sydney, Australia
“Great hotel great service a few catches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel itself is very well kept great decor beautiful big rooms super comfortable beds
and the staff were very good particulary The deskman Fernando and i wish i could remember the bell boys name he was great too they both spoke extremely good english and were very professional and helpful well done boys

The pool sauna steam area are very up to date and worth the money for this hotel there
are a few commodities you have to pay for like wifi and breakfast for $30 but it was that bad a price considering what som hotels charge i would deffienently stay here again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Director of Sales at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa!

Thank you very much for your review. We really enjoy hearing you had a pleasant stay with us. I am glad you had a chance to interact with our associates. I will be passing your note to Fernando as well as our bellboys. Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope we have the chance once again to serve you in a near future. Please let us know if there is anything else we may do for you.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I stay here a couple of nights I really like it the service is really good room service could be a bit faster but overall it was a good stay the rooms on the 12 floor are amazing with a lil balcony u can see the city at night is a breathtaking view it's well located next to the presidential palace so the security is really good n the mall is 2 mins away the beds are incredibly comfortable! I Wouldn't doubt staying there again!

• Stayed December 2012
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Director of Sales at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Thank you very much for your review. We really enjoy hearing you had a wonderful time in your stay. I will be sharing your experience with our associates and definitely follow up your room service comment.

We hope to have you back with us in a near future.

Best regards and once again thank you.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I usually stay at the Intercontinental nearby when in Tegucigalpa for business, but I spent a few days in the Marriott this time around, and was pleased with my stay. The staff have it much more together here than the Intercontinental - they are more helpful and knowledgable, and a bit friendlier. The weekend doesn't fill up with as many Tegus socialites as does the Intercontinental, too, so it's quieter. In keeping with comparisons, the pool is not nearly as nice, however, and the breakfast buffet is a grade lower, in my opinion. If you're an adventurous sort, there is much more to walk to around the Marriott regarding dining options... but if the security situation in Tegus is overwhelming for you and you don't feel comfortable walking around, you will tire of the hotel food really quickly.

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Thank you very much for sharing your review. We love hearing you had a pleasant stay with us and we appreciate the oportunity of serving you. All our associates are commited in delivering the best service in Tegucigalpa and offer a secure, comfortable and welcoming stay.

We hope we have the chance of serving you again in a near future.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights on business. The rooms area good size and huge washrooms. The atmosphere and staff are very accommodating. A couple of restaurants in the hotel offer a variety of food choices. The gym on the third floor is small but has lots of adequate equipment.

Last year I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel, which I also enjoyed; however, I would definitely come back to this Marriott.

Cons:

Internet is not included in the hotel rate
Housekeeping can be slow. Twice they came to clean my room after 4pm

Room Tip: All rooms are good, the higher the better the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Marriott Tegucigalpa at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Thank you very much for sharing details of your stay with us. We really enjoy knowing you had a pleasant and accomodating stay. We will follow up with our housekeeping department the schedule for cleaning the rooms to prevent this from happening.

Thank you very much for your preference and hope to have you back in our hotel very soon.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Upon checking in, we knew we had chosen the right hotel. Guest service employees speak English and welcome you graciously. Our room was large and comfortable. The hotel restaurant has a fantastic breakfast buffet. The hotel no longer has a shuttle to the airport; however, taxi service is available at all hours.

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa,

Thank you very much for appreciating our service through a wonderful stay. We are happy to hear such excellent comments in your review. We are constantly working hard to offer the best service in town and make you feel like home.

We hope we have you back in your next visit to Tegucigalpa.

Best regards and have an excellent day.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed here recently on business. The price was a little high for the area but decent. The buffet breakfast was excellent. The lobby is inviting and I was I was impressed with the prompt staff at the Winners Bar. However when I checked in with my colleague I spoke Spanish to the staff woman and then as soon as she found out my co worker didn't speak Spanish and only English she switch her language. No biggie right? But the staff person kept saying "welcome home" before, during and after we checked in and sort of ignoring my Spanish inquests. Awkward. Strange thing is there was no Spanish equivalent to welcome home when they didn't know we both weren't hispanophone. My room was comfy and the 8th floor view was nice. I would definitely go back.

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Thank you very for your review. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. Cocina Latina as you mentioned has an exquisite breakfast buffet. I am sorry for the change in language that you experienced with our associates once your co worker checked in.

We hope we have the chance of serving you again in a near future. Thank you one again for your message.

Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Tegucigalpa on a recent trip through Honduras, and I was not very impressed. Hilton and Marriott are my go-to hotel chains for international trips, and they are both generally very consistent and reliable. The Marriott Tegucigalpa, while not terrible, was simply not quite up to par. Check-in was fine, and the staff were all very friendly. My room, however, was disappointing. The ugly green carpet called out from a bygone era, and the room had a stale smell. The bathroom, while nice and clean, was similarly dated. The hot water was not particularly hot, and the WiFi signal in the room was quite weak. The soundproofing in the room was terrible, and the road noise, even on the 8th floor, was significant. None of these things were awful on their own, but they added up to an experience that was just not up to what I have come to expect from a brand like Marriott. There aren't many options in Tegucigalpa, but if I was returning, i would probably try the Intercontinental.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marriott-Tegucigalpa, Director of Sales at Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Greetings from Marriott Tegucigalpa.

Thank you very much for your visit, we are really sorry you did not received your expected stay as a Marriott guest. I will be writing you an email requesting certain information from you in order to folllow up the details mentioned in your review.

We hope we have the chance to serve you again and offer you a better and comfortable stay. We truly appreciate you taking the time in letting us know these details.

Best regards,

Been to Tegucigalpa Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!