“Not what is expected out of an Intercontinental Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall

You added Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall to your Saves list
Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Roble, frente a Mall Multiplaza, Tegucigalpa 2122, Honduras   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
New Orleans
“Not what is expected out of an Intercontinental Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Intercontinenatl over the New Years and honestly I was very surprided at the low maintanece given to their rooms. Curtains were tored down, room was never properly cleaned and pillows has a really bad smell. Service at restaurant was BAD. I had to keep getting up to go find the waiter, didn't matter how many times I complainted it woul happened next day. With a hotel not having many rooms occupied we were given one next to a family with small children who would scream until late night and early morning. Our complaints went unheard. The only plus I have to mention over our stay is the bell boy (daytime) was incredible helpful. As I said this was not the usual luxurious stay at an Intercontintal hotel. Not worth for their price...

• Stayed January 2013
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay in our hotel, we are extremely dismayed to hear about your experience and feel very sad that we didn’t meet your expectations nor did you receive your best rest. Our guest satisfaction and comfort are very important for us and this information will help us improve exponentially. Since December 2012 we have conducted a thoroughly maintenance and cleaning program for ALL of our rooms in order to correct all the detail you mention and more, we have already finished this program and are confident this issues have been corrected. Regarding the restaurant service we also have a very complete training program for 2013 to ensure a faster and warmer service. Please accept our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences encountered and for your rest been affected due to the noise inducted by other guests that even though this can be out of our control, I understand your complaints were not well managed. Fortunately you were able to enjoy our bell staff service and are glad your found them helpful.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to serve you in a near future and make up for all this issues.

Kind Regards,

Joel Muchnik
Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great looking hotel, very nice presentation with bilingual workers handling travelers in the front. Rooms were clean, beautiful decor everywhere; excellent WIFI and cable television options. Breakfast, spa and value was excellent. The hotel is right in front of a major mall. The only issue I ran into was a lack of customer service on my last day when there was a mix up regarding our departure schedule that should have been handled differently. Other than that, great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comments about your recent stay, we are very shocked that our customer service was not what you expected, we will work with our staff so that our guest can have a better point of view of what we are really focused on and that is a “Good Service”, we promise you this the last time that this unacceptable situation happens, on the other way we are very glad our hotel had everything you needed on your stay, our goal is that our guest can have the best rest and all the facilities, we hope to have you back soon with us Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

At your orders,

Inter-Continental Hotel Tegucigalpa.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

All I can say is that my stay in this Hotel was a peaceful one.....From the moment I arrived ....I found a very helpful front desk concierge, she had a warm welcoming smile...and help me get the room that I wanted...without any problems.....The room was very confortable , so thank you very much. The crew in NAU was very friendly....and the sushi was very nice. The Security crew was very nice too...finding me a Taxi when I needed one....or giving me information about the city....This is gonna be "The" Hotel I will stay from now on.....Thanks Again....And let's do it again sometime....:)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your good comments about your recent stay, we are glad that your last stay with us was so pleasant, in our hotel our most important goal is our costumers happiness and comfort, we encourage you to ask our concierge for touristic options for your next stay because we still have so much to offer, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

At your orders,

Inter-Continental Hotel Tegucigalpa.
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

While I used to stay here in the past when on business in Tegucigalpa I will probably not return. The main problem with this place is that it basically has no competition and therefore doesn't put any effort into customer service.

I booked a business package including wi-fi. Upon arrival I was being told that the wi-fi I had paid for is only valid in the business center and that I would have to pay extra if I want to use it in the room. Who needs wi-fi in the business center? (Who needs a business center in 2012 anyway?) That is just plain ridiculous. The receptionist then offered complimentary in-room wi-fi, only to be revoked by the next recpetion shift!

The room had a noise problem (something like an endlessly flushing toilet in the adjacent room that couldn't be stopped). When I complained instead of just offering to change the room as it would have happened in other Intercontinental hotels I had to go through a lengthy and unpleasant discussion and a lot of back and forth before they eventually agreed to give me a different room.

According to information in the room priority members have a right to a late check out. When I asked for it , because of my heavy meeting schedule that day, I was told that a late check out is impossible because of a lack of cleaning staff!

If this were a 2 star property I wouldn't bother with these points, but this hotel claims to be an Intercontinental and Tegucigalpa's best hotel. Unfortunately its disregard for service and friendliness doesn't live up to that. (One noteworthy, very positive exception is the room service)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Manager at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest:

We appreciate your review about your recent stay in our hotel and we are also very concern and sad that we were not able to guarantee a pleasant stay and your best rest. I truly apologize for all these inconveniences encountered due to lack of precise information about the services requested. I would like to deepen on each of the details mentioned:

• Internet service included on the business package: As you well mention this package in deed includes High Speed Internet Service in your room or public areas using your personal computer and I´m glad you were given access to this, unfortunately after you had to requested it, I have personally gathered with all the front desk staff to reinforce this information.

• Noise problem provoked by the adjacent room: We understand the inconvenience this may have caused interrupting a well deserve rest, if this problem cannot be solved immediately in the adjacent room a Room Move is always offered, the delay must have been caused by lack of availability due to high occupancy. Our maintenance department has also been aware about this situation and I assure you we have taken action to guarantee a thoroughly evaluation of our pipe system.

• Request of Late Check Out: In deed a guaranteed 2pm late check out for Priority Club members and 4pm for Ambassador members if offered to all our guests, I apologize if this was not honored and is a different late check our was request the excuse provided is unacceptable and guarantee will take immediate action to avoid this type of answers.
I beg for a second opportunity for a future visit so we can reverse these situations which I will
personally handle to make sure you receive the service you deserve. Please let me know about
your plans to visit Tegucigalpa through my e-mail joel.muchnik@r-hr.com.

Kind Regards,

Joel Muchnik
Rooms Division Manager
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very nice presentation, from the get go, I liked the lobby and how the hotel is arranged. The fact that they all seem to know your name is wonderful, because it makes you feel important and less away from home. They are all very well nicely spoken, reception area all speak English. Only drawback to me as a smoker was that the entire property is a non smoking environment, and ended up smoking in the parking lot. Stayed for a week. Well lit up room, had a view and cannot complain at all. Good food all around, I highly recommend and actually its price is much lower than other intercontinental hotels i've stayed in. As a matter of fact, as I write this email, I am now staying at the Intercontinental in San Salvador, El Salvador. Will review when I'm gone.

Room Tip: Email manager ahead of time and you will be happy. I received a welcomed email a few days before my...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay; it is our pleasure serving our guest the best way possible, one of the many things that we look for our guest is that they can feel like at home in our hotel and we are really happy that we accomplished that with you; For your next stay let us inform you that now we have a smoking area right next to our pool so this will never be an inconvenience for you again, we really hope to have you back soon at our hotel.

Greetings,

Intercontinental Hotel Tegucigalpa.
POP DR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I just spent five days in this nice and modern hotel located across the street from a shopping center and in the center of Tegucigalpa. The staff were very friendly and the choice of restaurants was good. The buffet restaurant had a different theme every night and I highly recommend seafood night on Thursdays that included lobsters. The wine selection was very good and priced around $30-40 per bottle, not bad for a 4 star hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay, we are honored that you enjoyed your stay with us in our hotel we offer the best prices and also the best gastronomic options with different theme nights at our buffet restaurant like Thai, Arab, Italian, Seafood and Wok or you can enjoy a delicious grilled lobster and our unique wine selection at our Factory Restaurant; Every time you come back at our hotel you will find different options because we like to innovate and surprise our guest, we hope to have you back soon at our hotel.

Best Regards,

Hotel Inter-Continental Tegucigalpa
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My experience at the IC Tegus somewhat improved my feelings about the IC hotels, set quite low after my recent visit to CCS. The room I stayed in was small, yet it did not lack anything and as a big plus came soundproof windows, so street noise was not an issue whatsoever. The hotel staff responded promptly to my needs, although some issues could be prevented by more thorough checking of room amenities, but on the overall the staff proved very helpful. Now for the minuses: one small - if you don´t wan to eat in the hotel and prefer eating somewhere in close vicinity, your only option is the TGIF in the mall opposite the hotel. One big - charging extra for internet access is ridiculous these days, especially at this level.

Room Tip: Room 314 has view obscured by a roof of the entrance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Real-Inter-TGU, Gerente at Real InterContinental Tegucigalpa at Multiplaza Mall, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay, We are really honored that we could make a good impression during your stay, here at our hotel we work infinitely because we personalize our service depending on our costumers preferences, that is why you will always receive the best service at our hotels, we invite you to come back and stay with us again.

Best Regards,