“The best hotel in Tegucigalpa!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Honduras Maya Hotel

You added Honduras Maya Hotel to your Saves list
Honduras Maya Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Republica de Chile | Colonia Palmira, Tegucigalpa 11101, Honduras   |
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Tegucigalpa
New Jersey
“The best hotel in Tegucigalpa!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

The Honduras Maya Hotel is definitely the best hotel in Tegucigalpa.
It offers top of the line guest service. The rooms are extremely comfortable and with a great view of the city. The heart of the city and all the top restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel. The Honduras Maya offers the best continental breakfast for the entire family and a great pool for the kids to enjoy. When I go back to Tegucigalpa, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — Poor wireless internet service.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
lawrenceville, ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2007

i've stayed here twice but each time for only one night. this hotel is nice, especially for Tegucigalpa. The food is very good as well. The pool and hot-tub are nice.

The rooms are ok and smell of cigarettes. some have good views and others don't. the rooms seem very "moist" to me (that's the only way i can describe it).

international calls and internet access is outrageous. don't waste your money here. buy a calling card from "TIGO."

on the plus, there's a little shopping mall in the basement which is much safer than going out into tegucigalpa to shop.

the casino is a pretty nice amenity.

• Liked — the shopping mall downstairs
  • Disliked — the moist feeling in my room
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2007

very noisy meeting downstair until midnight, loud voice in a speaker (although i was on 10th floor i could hear any word that was said !) - the next day no meeting, but i had the noise of an elevator to keep me awake !

Stayed July 2007
Wilmington, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

I have traveled to Tegucigalpa previously and have stayed at the Clarion Hotel in the past. I loved the location of the Maya Hotel and the views from my room were terrific. I had a corner room with floor to cieling windows on two sides. A terrific view of Cristo Pachuco.
The room was spacious, clean and I appreciated the free wireless internet service. The hotel's location was great! It is near shopping, restaurants and it is in walking distance to the city's cathedral and main square (although the return walk up hill is not for the faint of heart). The pool is beautiful. I was quite satisfied with the front desk staff. They were helpful and courteous. The hotel restaurant served a great breakfast buffet. The food served at lunch and dinner was good, but limited. My only disappointment was with the wait staff. The service was inconsistent.
One evening friends and I had dinner at the Clarion Hotel. I had remember the food and the service there as excellent. Well, I will only say that based on that experience, "you can't go home again."
The housekeeping staff at the Maya Hotel was excellent and did everything to make sure that I had all that I needed--- even extra packets of that wonder ful Honduran coffee! I enjoyed my stay and I am looking forward to returning!

Stayed March 2007
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

Over the course of ten years we have stayed at the Honduras Maya more than a dozen times. It is not the newest or most expensive, but it is a comfortable and familiar home for us in Tegus. We return here again and again. Although some of the furnishings in the rooms show their age, this is a well run hotel. I have always found the hotel staff willing to assist us in any way. The hotel public spaces have been renovated recently, and the restaurant provides quality food, carefully prepared. North American tummies will not be disturbed here. Ask for room with "06" in its number (e.g. 306,406, etc). You will have an expansive view of central Tegus and the mountain at the same time.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2007

First I will start by saying I am a well traveled hotel snob. When I pull
out my precious money to spend on a nice hotel I expect certain things. One of them is great service. I did NOT receive that in this hotel. I have stayed in three of the upper end hotels in Tegucigalpa and do NOT recommend this one. If you are looking for excellent service, exquisite cuisine, beautiful, clean and well appointed rooms, and the best location in Tegucigalpa, I suggest you stay in the Intercontinental. The Honduras Maya, has very nice rooms, similar to that of a Marriott in the States, a very nice lobby, and a beautiful swimming pool. However, how can you enjoy any of this, when you see a waiter at the pool once every hour, even after you've been served, and the front desk staff has a knowledge deficit and an attitude problem??

To demonstrate their service here's an example. When I checked in, I was put in a room that did not have a coffee maker in the room. I went to the front desk and requested one, so they called the front desk manager. The man attending me told the front desk manager what I was requesting, and to him instead of me, the manager just gave a quick "no." Of course I interceded, so he said he would see what he could do. He called the housekeeping staff and told me verbatim "There is a coffee maker, but it does not have a pot, so if I find a pot you'll get a coffee maker." Ok, fine. The problem was, as I was walking back to my room, there was a housekeeper delivering a coffee maker to the room next to me!!! So, I waited till the next shift came in, called the front desk and voila, a coffee maker was brought to me. This is just one of many complaints I had on the service and I won't go on because it's not worth time. This hotel is pretty and you will enjoy it if you don't mind horrible service.

• Liked — Location, and the pool.
  • Disliked — Service, hotel staff.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2004

This is one of the oldest hotels in Tegucigalpa that made its name the old way. They earned it. The service is phenominal, staff is kind, helpful and caring.

The hotel and rooms are in good shape, even for its age. Comfortable rooms and and overall a very elegant hotel.

The hotel is located near Blvd Morazan which is perhaps the most popular road filled with restaurants and shops. Downtown is only five minutes aways and this is ideal if you are in town for business.

Taxi's are readily available outside the hotel and are recommended.